gold looking necklace and silver earing

bobcartree

Forum Supporter
it seem like gold but there's no stamp , it looks like gold or plated gold ,could be, it was in the ground and i keep pulling it up and out , it was not stained , how could i fine out if it is gold , this was a curb hunt , silverpeice has 925 maybe Thailand stamp,

Attachments

• GEDC0011.jpg
    GEDC0011.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 260
  • GEDC0009.jpg
    GEDC0009.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 264
  • GEDC0016.jpg
    GEDC0016.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 241
  • GEDC0006.jpg
    GEDC0006.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 232
Man that's a heart stopper for sure! Sorry it's not the real thing but still a nice hunt with the silver earring. If you check on Amazon or E-bay for an acid test kit, you can get all the different ones you need 24k, 18k, 14k, 10k, plat., and silver for about 12 bucks, they sure come in handy sometimes.

it seem like gold but there's no stamp , it looks like gold or plated gold ,could be, it was in the ground and i keep pulling it up and out , it was not stained , how could i fine out if it is gold , this was a curb hunt , silverpeice has 925 maybe Thailand stamp,

Here is a thread that was started by a fellow forum member. This explains specific gravity. This determines metal types. I hope this is helpful.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=243009

Last edited:
not magnetic, thanks all, it started to tarnish in spots ,other stamped gold i have dose not tarnish so it could be maybe plated,but fun find anyway

Back
Top Bottom