Dig Deeper there's a car under there!

JRinkus

Last week I got out to a newly plowed field and found a couple of (what I would consider trash items)
So since I was stuck inside this week due to the rain I thought I would try to restore one of the items I found. While I had the good weather I should have gone deeper to see if the car was below it. Not bad for my first plate restore job. Amazing what a little sanding can do. What do you think? HH.

What it looked like out of the ground.

Oldest plate I have recovered 1949

My attempt at a restore job

Maybe just a few feet more and I would have found this LOL

Check out that license plate!

Happy Hunting!

Nice restoration!!

I found this one in Lake Erie... Not restoring this one, I like the "rat rod" look..:D

(I used the side of a piece of chalk to bring out the details on the license plate)

IMG_20141214_203745_zps1f4256a1.jpg

<*)))>{

Nice restoration!!

I found this one in Lake Erie... Not restoring this one, I like the "rat rod" look..:D

(I used the side of a piece of chalk to bring out the details on the license plate)

Thanks Ice, the chalk was a great idea. My leters were orriginaly black so mine is actually black Sharpie.

Wow :wow: Kick Ass Job On The Restore :D Looks Awesome !

Thanks romyrome.

:laughing: nice restoration and nice job with photo shop!:laughing:

Photo shop? no that's a picture from ground penetrating radar! it really looks like that down there! :laughing:

Pretty cool! I have a Michigan plate from the thirties that I dug here. Not in as good of shape as yours though.

Steve thanks, I had to Google cars from the 30's just to see what they looked like.

Back
Top Bottom