A couple of firsts! Been awhile

Swing360

curbstrip nut
Forum Supporter
It's been awhile since I've made a decent "first", but today the CTX sniffed out a few for me.

The crazy thing is I'm a pretty good digger and I'd like to think with my ATP I can hang with a CTX or V3i or Etrac or whatever! Today clearly shows differently.

I went to a strip I've been to a million times before and always feel like I've gotten it all. The last few times all I've left with was garbage.

Today I ran the same ass strip and ran with the stock coins program.

The eagle was 24-25 which was weird, but it had a bunch of rust down in the hole which must have skewed the numbers. The sound was good. The whistle was a 10-32 and is a BSA whistle. "Made in America" which is cool and was just a few feet from the boyscout slide I found. That came in 11-45.

I am super impressed with this machine. It's ridiculous. I also grabbed 6 wheats with multiple nails in each plug and the usual garbage that you can't escape regardless of what you spend on a machine.

Cool stuff man! Each detector will have it's pros and cons. No reason you shouldn't sniff out some cool stuff you missed with the ATP. Nice job!

Cool stuff man! Each detector will have it's pros and cons. No reason you shouldn't sniff out some cool stuff you missed with the ATP. Nice job!

That's what I'm saying. And so far it's only been the trashiest of strips I'm finding the deep targets, but I ALSO haven't used the 5x8 in those situations, so I feel like had I had that coil I would have found these as well.

But most the strips I'm hunting I've pounded to death and even with the CTX there isn't anything left in them. I mean, I'm sure there is and I can tweak this around and get some deeper targets, but really the ATP has gotten most everything. I did 4 strips today and the other 3 were total busts so in reality, no. You don't need a $2500 machine to get the goodies, but this one did help in the trash today. I'm sure when I put the 5x10 on it, it will really shine in those situations.

There is 100% truth to the ctx being to kick but all over the atp.. it is a good machine the atp. But once things get deeper the ctx outshines any atp.. just sold my ctx and after today using only the at pro it will not be long till I have another. The deep target consistency is way way better as it should be with a 1900 dollar machine new.. if you 2500 you did not shop.

There is 100% truth to the ctx being to kick but all over the atp.. it is a good machine the atp. But once things get deeper the ctx outshines any atp.. just sold my ctx and after today using only the at pro it will not be long till I have another. The deep target consistency is way way better as it should be with a 1900 dollar machine new.. if you 2500 you did not shop.

Well if you can show me where to buy a brand new CTX with the same Package #2 that Bart has (maybe you should see what comes with it if you don't know) then I will buy myself another one AND YOU one. True story. Because I could buy JUST the machine for around that, but I got SOOOO much more)

But I agree this thing is nutty. I just loaded gonehuntings settings and went out with it briefly and woah... It's DEEP

I won't do the work for you.. But You can buy the machine in the $1900's.. IF someone is comparing machine and a bunch of gear that is a whole different story.. But I see it everyday saying how the ctx cost $2500.. :laughing: Still a expensive machine. But man it just performs

Did it myself 5 months ago:yes:

And other machines IMO go deep, Just don't Identify well like the CTX and ETRAC., Also being able to accurately tell a bottle cap and so on.. This machine saves me tons of time while on a hunt, Digging targets that have a much greater Chance of being what I think they are. I got to the point of being able to tell what I was going to dig a much higher percentage of the time then any other machine I have ever had.

Great machines I sold mine earlier this week to fund my Scuba gear but will have another very very soon..

Like I said, I found SEVERAL people that would do $1900 for just the machine, but I paid retail and got a 5x10 Coiltek Coil ($369) Garrett Pro Pointer AT ($127) 18" and 31" Sampson T Handle Diggers ($120ish for both) Minelab gear, wireless module UR30 phones. Ummm... Some other fun stuff like pouch and what not. So for what I paid... I could give a !!!! less. I got a TON OF EXTRAS for paying retail to a company I support 110% and would LOVE to see hang around for another 100 years.

so yea... Again. You wouldn't be doing the work for me since I'd be buying you one too. Everybody knows I got package 2, so I'm not comparing just the machine. Go get me the same package for $1900 and we both win, right? You just said you will be buying another in the future....

I won't do the work for you.. But You can buy the machine in the $1900's.. IF someone is comparing machine and a bunch of gear that is a whole different story.. But I see it everyday saying how the ctx cost $2500.. :laughing: Still a expensive machine. But man it just performs

Did it myself 5 months ago:yes:

And other machines IMO go deep, Just don't Identify well like the CTX and ETRAC., Also being able to accurately tell a bottle cap and so on.. This machine saves me tons of time while on a hunt, Digging targets that have a much greater Chance of being what I think they are. I got to the point of being able to tell what I was going to dig a much higher percentage of the time then any other machine I have ever had.

Great machines I sold mine earlier this week to fund my Scuba gear but will have another very very soon..

Not sure where you are going with you defensiveness when someone agrees it is a awesome machine??? But I think it was you that said "you don't need to buy a $2500 machine to find the goodies"

"I said you don't have to spend that kind of money to buy the machine" Not package, extras or anything.. Don't add words to my mouth.

SO anyways you don't have to justify how you spent your money, Not sure anyone cares. I don't know what you bought before you told ME, Never heard of you..lol Anyways great finds, Keep it up and good luck

Not sure where you are going with you defensiveness when someone agrees it is a awesome machine??? But I think it was you that said "you don't need to buy a $2500 machine to find the goodies"

"I said you don't have to spend that kind of money to buy the machine" Not package, extras or anything.. Don't add words to my mouth.

SO anyways you don't have to justify how you spent your money, Not sure anyone cares. I don't know what you bought before you told ME, Never heard of you..lol Anyways great finds, Keep it up and good luck

Never heard of me... :laughing:
Im not putting words in your mouth. You said in broken English it would appear "if you $2500 you did not shop" SOOOO, I'm not putting words in your mouth, but what I am doing it blocking you. :lol:

I shouldn't be forced to read this broken English you are speaking anyway.

Tell us more Mr. Insecure..

Unsubscribing so you can argue with yourself..lol

Attachments

• 1297657324235.jpg
    1297657324235.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 269
good to know about the ctx. i use the ATP and i have found a ton of really great stuff, but im itching to upgrade at some point. i would expect it would be a better machine.

hey, what is the eagle thing you found - i found the exact thing a few years ago, and have always wondered. Boy Scout medal?

good to know about the ctx. i use the ATP and i have found a ton of really great stuff, but im itching to upgrade at some point. i would expect it would be a better machine.

hey, what is the eagle thing you found - i found the exact thing a few years ago, and have always wondered. Boy Scout medal?

I definitely don't think its boyscout. I think it's WW1 era pin of some form or fashion. Says E Pluribus Unum like a coin. Maybe a hat pin? Or collar or pocket? I don't know. Lol. First time ever finding one. I'm sure someone here knows.

I would definitely say an upgrade to the CTX is worth it if you can justify the price. It's a dandy machine and its super deep. I only know enough right now to say in my eyes it was a great upgrade. Still kind of surreal that I have it. It has really brought a new aspect to the hobby for me and I am elated to have it.

Back
Top Bottom