• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Check those junkers

LongJohnSilver1

Elite Member
I found this weird thing last year and wrote it off as a bit of costume jewllery. I was going through my junker pile and noticed it hadn't flaked or tarnished like they usually do so I used my new acid kit to test it.

Only 22k acid ate it (slowly at that), so it's atleast 18k :wow:. I got the 60x on it and it's not plated. I crushed the nut thing off it and that little thin gold wire weighs 1.3grams.

Attachments

• 20201125_183929.jpg
    20201125_183929.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 519
I think a lot of us have been down that road. Congrats on the rediscover!

Good reminder! Gold crowns can be easy to overlook as well, especially, if they have been melted/charred in a cremation furnace. :yes:

I was watching some YouTube videos about Mel Fisher. There where some items that looked similar to yours. Not sure where you found it but if it was on the east coast of Florida might be off one of the ships that sank.

I was watching some YouTube videos about Mel Fisher. There where some items that looked similar to yours. Not sure where you found it but if it was on the east coast of Florida might be off one of the ships that sank.

Nah, it was off a beach in Perth Western Australia!

I found this weird thing last year and wrote it off as a bit of costume jewllery. I was going through my junker pile and noticed it hadn't flaked or tarnished like they usually do so I used my new acid kit to test it.

Only 22k acid ate it (slowly at that), so it's atleast 18k :wow:. I got the 60x on it and it's not plated. I crushed the nut thing off it and that little thin gold wire weighs 1.3grams.

Should a left it like in the picture, by crushing it you discarded something more rare than crystaline platinum nuggets, and yes I'm talking about a pure BESKAR mandalorian steel crystalline structure of well defined striatic, globular, with octahedron clusters, with intricate and extremely rare branching of a one of a kind specimen lost forever due to a shattering blow of a diamond tipped sledgehammer. ......

Sent from my SM-A105M using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom