1800s Farm House Pendant Brass?

Detectingman

Hello! Been working an older farmstead site in the woods. The house is torn down so its hard to actually find where everything was. Today discovered where the privy or dump sites were so going to probably find some bottles. Happened to come across this pendant today. It rang up as a 77 on the Delta 4000. Not sure if it is brass or gold, but has some jewels in it. This house according to research was probably built around 1840s and was torn down around 1955. Anyone happen to know a approximate date on this thing and possible what its made out of? Very heavy for its size (1.5 inches tall).

Attachments

• pendant.jpg
    pendant.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 241
Don't know anything about it, but I must say that is one of the prettiest things I've seen someone dig up.

Don't know anything about it, but I must say that is one of the prettiest things I've seen someone dig up.

Thanks! Yeah its pretty cool. There are alot of small jewels on it. Hopefully someone would know a date. Looks 1910s to me but I am not an expert.

WOW! That is an awesome find. As frail as it looks, how did it ever not get all bent up. I have no guesses on it, but it sure is cool.;):yes::cool3:

Edwardian/art nouveau- I have a brooch like it from my great grandmother c.1912. I'd say 1900-1920. Nice find! Can you tell if the stones are glass/paste or real?

Very pretty. Should be brass or some sort of brass blend. I've found a few pieces of brass-like jewelry at some of the older sites I've hit. 77 is too high for something this delicate to be gold.

WOW! That is an awesome find. As frail as it looks, how did it ever not get all bent up. I have no guesses on it, but it sure is cool.;):yes::cool3:

It's actually pretty sturdy and heavy. Looks frail but actually quite solid.

Edwardian/art nouveau- I have a brooch like it from my great grandmother c.1912. I'd say 1900-1920. Nice find! Can you tell if the stones are glass/paste or real?

According to a jewelry ID forum they said that the stones are most likely cut glass and that the center had a pearl in it at one time

Very pretty. Should be brass or some sort of brass blend. I've found a few pieces of brass-like jewelry at some of the older sites I've hit. 77 is too high for something this delicate to be gold.

The pendant is actually quite solid and the reason why its not bent lead me to believe it is most likely brass. I do know that class rings and large gold will ring up as a 77 that is why I thought possibly gold at first. But its most likely corroded brass, still a cool find. Found a merc at this site yesterday and will probably hit it a few more times before winter sets it.

Back
Top Bottom