Weird stuff from the park

RockieBoston

Found these in an old suburban Boston wooded park yesterday. Headstamp marked "U", super toasted 1942 mercury dime, ceramic mosaic tile, car emblem, metal gear thingy.

What's/when is this car emblem from? And the metal thing with gears and a tree shoot growing out of it?

Parks. You just never know. Don't worry I also found a bunch of zinc pennies.
e5b3f7d260d4876f3f75db8f8908e8e8.jpg
5e286ea7ef4bb6075d3664f3f6242df0.jpg

The "custom" looks like the badge on my 68' C10 chevy truck I used to have.
The gear thingy might be a window crank.
and don't forget to check that Merc for a 41/42

My searches online didn't show that exact "custom" script. But some of the 1970s Dodge trucks were the closest, for what it's worth.

That clockwork thing IDK. Maybe show other angles and the size?

Did you see any fresh holes out there? :laughing: nice digs! Unfortunately I cant ID anything but the merc and what looks like a rivet.

Seems like in the past I've also seen those Custom emblems on vans.? That rivet looking item he said was a spent shell casing...must be a rim-shot pistol casing with a U stamped on it.

Custom badge is probably off of an old square body chevy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Did you see any fresh holes out there? :laughing: nice digs! Unfortunately I cant ID anything but the merc and what looks like a rivet.

No fresh holes but this was indeed Jimther's special hunt site from last weekend. I was literally in the town with a few hours to kill and looking at maps and stumbled across the same park :laughing: RESEARCH

Last edited:
If I remember correctly that looks like the script on 1970 Chevy Impalla Custom I once had. That may be a car window wind mechanism wit a piece of linkage.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom