Back in action again maybe

groovieguy

Hi this is Joe from Spring Hill Florida. In case anyone’s looking for a Hunting Buddy??:cool3:
Well it’s been a long time since I’ve felt well enough to even thinking of going back to the dirt and water hunting. December 2016 I was diagnosed with Right UppeR Lobe Cancer, had the right upper lobe removed they gave me a year. 😢😱I said screw you no expiration date on me. So various Chemos and radiation I have it under control not cured but alive and feeling up to get back into the Dirt digging.
Any recommendations light weight machine I’ve been kind of narrow down to
Garrett ATMax Garrett Ace Apex or Minelab Vanquish 540. I will have this around water and possibly underwater. Keeping prices under $1000. I don’t the Minelab is waterproof I’m open to others too, used is fine if it fits these others are 3 lbs or less.
Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🍽

Well I pulled the trigger on a At Max since it was waterproof.
Learning curve shouldn’t be too bad since I already had a ATPro years ago. Got it from BigBoys Bart is awesome to deal with.

Last edited:
Welcome back to the hobby groovieguy, from West Michigan! The Max is a good machine, I use one myself. I got to admit though, I'm still wanting to try out the Nox 800.

I will definitely be sharing I scoped out a few places when I go in to Tampa for Chemo I try to go a different way each time. Also near us they are opening a Snow ❄️🎅🏼 Skiing and toboggan run here in Florida. I’m gonna approach the owners to see if I can do some digging once a week.
One thing that made me think I could swing the coil again is we bought a Occulus Virtual reality and been playing Beat Saber which is almost like swinging the coil and I’ve built up some muscle, only part is digging so I need to bring the Mrs. with she enjoys it too.
Maybe next year I can get back under the water, baby steps.

Welcome back. I’m still swinging that F75 Ltd you sold me. Got 3 silvers last 3 weeks. Glad you doing better buddy.

:fmdfwelcome:... from the cold and snowy state of Minnesota! :lotsasnow::snowtruck: Happy hunting! :mder:

Well I pulled the trigger on a At Max since it was waterproof.
Learning curve shouldn’t be too bad since I already had a ATPro years ago. Got it from BigBoys Bart is awesome to deal with.
Good choice. :good:

Good job Joe!

Where is Spring Hill Florida Joe?

This Michigander has been wintering in Florida since retiring in 2012.

I'm in Sebring. Probably won't head south this winter until vaccinated.

Have not given much thought to detecting sites down there.

My area is mostly orange groves and grazing cattle.

Beaches are 90 minutes away in either direction, would probably head east to Vero Beach but hate the traffic.

Also some rivers near by, the Peace and Myakka (sp?).

Back
Top Bottom