• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Water Shoes

These are my "go to" in the water here in Hawaii. Thick felt bottom with SS spikes hold you in place in the wash zone, reef and on slippery rock. Thick well made zippers and velcro stop. Great for hiking as well. Not made for super cold water.

https://www.hanapaafishing.com/products/hi-life-hp-spike-tabis
"Hold you in place in the wash zone"..... huh ??? I have no desire to be hunting the impact zone of pipeline. No wonder you do good out there. Willing to hunt where others dare not. Nice looking boots. Are they disposable or something ? Website says limited to 2 pair , per person , per day !

Try that on the east coast and you may go home with a hypodermic needle wound...
Or a fishhook. After detecting at the beach the first few times, i swore i would never be barefoot on a beach again due to all the fishhooks i dug up. Snagged myself solidly enough once as a child for a visit to the ER- never again!

Crocs

Wow, I've never had any issues. I don't strap them in - I leave the strap to the front.
I used mine for surf fishing before, never had a problem with them. Used them for the first time MDing, bad problems. Maybe it was digging with the scoop, I do dry, wet and surf at the beach. I'm not knocking them, I'll still use them for surf fishing. I'm getting a pair of dive boots.

I used mine for surf fishing before, never had a problem with them. Used them for the first time MDing, bad problems. Maybe it was digging with the scoop, I do dry, wet and surf at the beach. I'm not knocking them, I'll still use them for surf fishing. I'm getting a pair of dive boots.
I really tried to like dive boots once but after about 1-2 hours they would majorly flare up my plantar fasciitis. After various tries I gave them up and went back to Crocs. They didn't have the kind of support that I have seen on some other dive boots but I am not willing to spend the money for another unknown - "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

I really tried to like dive boots once but after about 1-2 hours they would majorly flare up my plantar fasciitis. After various tries I gave them up and went back to Crocs. They didn't have the kind of support that I have seen on some other dive boots but I am not willing to spend the money for another unknown - "if it ain't broke don't fix it".
A good pair of inserts will solve that. I tried many different ones and spent $. The best I found were "Walk fit".

The scoops really can tear up the bottoms on a pair of boots. I use Mares 6.7 mm hard bottom boots. They last me a long time..... the heavier mesh doesnt hold a lot of smell you get from the thinner ones either. Thin ones smell like you left a dead fish in your car for a week.:laughing:

I've gone thru a couple pair of soft dive boots but have tries the mares and like them a lot, although they can be a little warm but you don't have to worry where you step at all.

Back
Top Bottom