Freshwater gold

Gold Chain

I can picture the chain hanging from your scoop when I was reading. Every time I'm hunting in the water, I picture a gold chain hanging from my scoop, but, as of yet, it hasn't happen. I am always optimistic. Congrates on a great find, and glad your waters didn't scoop water. I filled my waters trying to land a BIG trout once. He got away, the big ones always do.
HHeveryone

Seeing that 18k on there is a beautiful thing...congrats!
congrats- that's a thrill to see some yellow dangling from your scoop
Beautiful. Congratulations.
What an amazing find! AWESOME!
Beautiful chain, love that yellow
Thanks folks for the kind comments. I've never been one to wear a chain but maybe I'll give this one a try, with a different pendant.

Side note: Speaking of gold chains, I've never been able to understand the NFL players who are out on the field wearing gold chains around their necks. Seems like those babies would get ripped off pretty easily!

Huge congrats on the nice chain and not getting your waders flooded !
I can picture the chain hanging from your scoop when I was reading. Every time I'm hunting in the water, I picture a gold chain hanging from my scoop, but, as of yet, it hasn't happen. I am always optimistic. Congrates on a great find, and glad your waters didn't scoop water. I filled my waters trying to land a BIG trout once. He got away, the big ones always do.
HHeveryone
Yeah, dumping cold water down the front of my waders would have been one thrill too many! Quite satisfied with just the thrill of the gold. :lol:

:dingding: Awesome! I have found chains difficult to do the density test. If you have an acid kit do that as well as I'm willing to believe its probably 18K.
Thanks Felix. No problem at all with the density test. I use the Archimedes method, securing the chain together and suspending it with a bit of fine thread. More than accurate enough to test the karat value. :good:

Back
Top Bottom