Bullet info please

robren

Forum Supporter
Hi folks

Looking for info on this bullet. Possible age and what type of gun would fire it? I believe it is lead.. The hollowed portion goes about 1/2 way up. It doesn't seem to have any markings on the outside. The weight is about the same as 8 quarters ( bullet in one hand, quarters in the other )
Thanks for anything you can suggest

Attachments

• IMG_20201117_084849.jpg
    IMG_20201117_084849.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_20201117_091251.jpg
    IMG_20201117_091251.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 230
Get you some calipers and a scale to get good measurements and weight. They are not expensive. From what I can see, maybe a variation of a picket.

Thank you both for your replies. I did look thru the sticky about bullets. Probably don't need to state this here but, I don't have any knowledge about bullets or guns. :roll:

I assume powder goes into the hollow area and somehow this is ignited to fire the lead. The gun or trigger ignites the powder? What is an example of the type of gun that would use this kind of bullet?

Variation of a picket? Tried to do a search on this forum but failed. Will try to google.

Thanks for your time

I just looked inside the hollow and I can see 2 lines ( = ).

Couple more clues - tip to tail measures 1 inch and standing it up on a ruler it is 1/2 inch in diameter.
Thanks Voriax!

Back
Top Bottom