Renaissance wax or museum wax

Dan B.

Elite Member
Other than a big difference in price, is there any difference in the products and what they do?

I use renaissance wax on a regular basis to polish and protect certain finds, but I’m not familiar with “museum wax”. Is it this product (Museum Wax on Amazon)? If so, it’s apparently only used to help secure items in place while on display. Are you looking at something different?

I use Renaissance wax pretty often and love it. Like mentioned above the only museum wax I'm familiar with is more of a glue to hold things together...

I use renaissance wax on a regular basis to polish and protect certain finds, but I’m not familiar with “museum wax”. Is it this product (Museum Wax on Amazon)? If so, it’s apparently only used to help secure items in place while on display. Are you looking at something different?

I use Renaissance wax pretty often and love it. Like mentioned above the only museum wax I'm familiar with is more of a glue to hold things together...

I guess it would help if I read the small print on the bottom of the Jar.:dash2: . Thanks to both of you for your assistance!

Love the results of Renaissance wax on smaller finds.
I use minwax paste finishing wax om bigger relics, more work but good results.

Back
Top Bottom