• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

KT camos some canvas items.....

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Well, these items were originally black...some might have liked the "tactical" look but KT does not...He likes the blend into the background look! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

So here is a small belt pack with a few 12 gauge shells in it, a spiral wire cleaning brush, a flashlight and a hank of paracord to use with the brush contained within. No pic of it black, but the interior is black. First pic is the camo painted look, second pic shows the content.

3rd pic is of an originally black chest bag, also carrying some ammo and gauge adapters for a 12 gauge. This pic is of the front of the bag, Second pic is of the top of the bag, showing the harness set up.

These paint jobs were pretty simple. First sprayed with patches of dark woods brown, dark woods green and khaki. Once dry...two days hanging in the dungeon, then sponge painted the pattern with 3 separate sponges, 1 for each color. Then hung and dried another 2 days. It is a much longer drying time even in warm weather, because the fabric soaks up the solvents of the paint and takes awhile to evaporate. Anyway, here are the results!

Hope you enjoy. Just more ideas about how to take black gear and camo it!

Attachments

• Camo belt pack01.jpg
    Camo belt pack01.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 139
  • Camo belt pack02.jpg
    Camo belt pack02.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 156
  • Camo chest pack01.jpg
    Camo chest pack01.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 181
  • Camo chest pack02.jpg
    Camo chest pack02.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 169
Neat job KT !!!! :thumbsup:

.......but with as much as you're enjoying painting things camo, I gotta wonder what you'll paint camo next, maybe the rooms in your house ? or even the outside of your house ? :laughing:
camo_wall.jpgcamo_house.jpg

Well, these items were originally black...some might have liked the "tactical" look but KT does not...He likes the blend into the background look! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

So here is a small belt pack with a few 12 gauge shells in it, a spiral wire cleaning brush, a flashlight and a hank of paracord to use with the brush contained within. No pic of it black, but the interior is black. First pic is the camo painted look, second pic shows the content.

3rd pic is of an originally black chest bag, also carrying some ammo and gauge adapters for a 12 gauge. This pic is of the front of the bag, Second pic is of the top of the bag, showing the harness set up.

These paint jobs were pretty simple. First sprayed with patches of dark woods brown, dark woods green and khaki. Once dry...two days hanging in the dungeon, then sponge painted the pattern with 3 separate sponges, 1 for each color. Then hung and dried another 2 days. It is a much longer drying time even in warm weather, because the fabric soaks up the solvents of the paint and takes awhile to evaporate. Anyway, here are the results!

Hope you enjoy. Just more ideas about how to take black gear and camo it!

You hunt? You had me fooled... all these years I thought you only hunted for old coins at the bank :lol:

Neat job KT !!!! :thumbsup:

.......but with as much as you're enjoying painting things camo, I gotta wonder what you'll paint camo next, maybe the rooms in your house ? or even the outside of your house ? :laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: KT did mention that when the Royal Chariot started looking shabby, that a camo paint job would not cost much....Got a disturbing look from the Queen! :fright::haha:

I got me a nice high capacity shotgun so I am ready for the zombie apocalypse :lol:

KT has enough shotguns, most high capacity, but also several single shots, to outfit the entire Castle staff and guards! Just have to remember its headshots that count! :laughing::laughing::laughing: need to learn the Jedi method of mind control for weak minded zombies....what you are looking for is not here....just move along. :yes::yes:

Again, nice work! Any tricks to painting small flexible material?

Just a few thoughts....if the material is absorbant, like this canvaslike material, then spray your basecoat, let dry...could take several hours, then use natural or artificial sponge to apply paint, light on dark and dark on light. Spray a spot on cardboard, dab with sponge, then dab on item. Once happy with it, then hang up to dry. KT has a stand fan which is turned on to speed the drying process....not needed so much if outside temps are over 75 degrees F.

If the item is flexible, but not cloth, the paint will likely peel off after it is dry, unless you use some type of plastic or flexible primer.

Oh yeh, wear plastic gloves while handling item and spray painting, otherwise you will get paint all over your hands! :laughing::laughing:

Normally, on hard surfaces KT finishes off with a matte clearcoat, but His Majesty does not recommend that on cloth or fabric.

Don’t camo your glasses or car keys or you’ll never find them! I do have a mother in law you can use though! Hehe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom