• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Beach Hunter / new guy

EmuDetector

Forum Supporter
A friend of mine is a kayaker who is looking to get a detector to ride up on the beach and search around with. I don't know the beach scene enough to recommend something for him. So if anyone can help me out, below is a short list of him and what he's doing if you could point him in the way of a good purchase.

- Saltwater beach friendly (florida)
- Would like to keep it cheaper, maybe under $400ish (he's never detected, wants to see if he even likes it)
- He's older, but is good with tech so "simple" isn't necessary

What's good for a beginners beach detector?

thanks in advance!

A friend of mine is a kayaker who is looking to get a detector to ride up on the beach and search around with. I don't know the beach scene enough to recommend something for him. So if anyone can help me out, below is a short list of him and what he's doing if you could point him in the way of a good purchase.

- Saltwater beach friendly (florida)
- Would like to keep it cheaper, maybe under $400ish (he's never detected, wants to see if he even likes it)
- He's older, but is good with tech so "simple" isn't necessary

What's good for a beginners beach detector?

thanks in advance!
Garrett Sea Hunter mk2 is probably a good beginner saltwater machine plus it’s waterproof to 200 feet and PI

Garrett Sea Hunter mk2 is probably a good beginner saltwater machine plus it’s waterproof to 200 feet and PI

A sea hunter is good but being a PI machine the discrimination is not all that great. The Minelab Equinox 600 would be a great choice. It's a little bit out of your price range but being a multi frequency the discrimination is outstanding. It is only waterproof to 10 feet though. Not sure how deep you want to go.

Holler at us if you have any questions. Be glad to answer them for you over the phone!

Back
Top Bottom