What finds bag do you guys like.

I was given a Shrxy bag for Christmas and as worried that the blade on my hand digger would eventually cut through the material on the internal pocket...

To stop this, what I have done is get a short length of 2" PVC pipe, heat it in the oven and then squash it nearly flat...

I have then inserted this into the internal pocket to act as a "protective liner" for the blade..

By chance friction holds it in place nicely but had it not, I d have used a bit of silicon sealant to temporarily glue it in place..

That is a neat idea using the PVC. What temp and length of time in oven? I need to do something like this.

The second and biggest gripe is the belt loops. I hate them. There's two flimsy loops that are attached to the bag at the bottom of the loop but not at the top. This allows the loops to let the bag droop more than I like but worse, it causes the loops to colapse inwards towards each other causing the bag to droop really bad. I think if the loops were sown at the top as well...it would prevent this. I plan on sewing them myself to see if it helps. But better than that would be a sleeve rather than loops. If sewing them at the top of the loops does fix my issue then I'm going to remove them and sew on a belt sleeve.

I thought the same about the loops and have sewn them again near the rim of the bag so my stitching goes through the black nylon webbing reinforcement already in that area..

I hang mine on an ALICE style pistol belt, and to stop it sliding about, I hold it in place with a plastic cable/zip tie around one of the loops and through a couple of the eyelets on the belt.

The loops still take the weight on the belt, but the tie stops the bag from sliding.

My next project is to cut off the mesh end pocket and sew on a single M16 style magazine pouch for some additional bits I like to carry...

That is a neat idea using the PVC. What temp and length of time in oven? I need to do something like this.

I it put on a low heat and literally for just a couple of minutes..first time I tried it, I got distracted and left it in for about ten minutes and ended up with a melted PVC blob!

Just put it in the pre heated oven and check every couple of minutes..once it starts going soft, take it out and squash it evenly along its length and hold in place till it cools a little...

I just used a wooden chopping board to apply light, even pressure across the pipe until it went to the shape I wanted..

if you over flatten it, reheat and it will recover it's shape slightly ...or if you don't get it flat enough, reheat and squish again...

It really is a simple only 5 minute job..just make sure you cut the pipe long enough initially so the tip of the blade does not poke out the bottom...

Last edited:
I thought the same about the loops and have sewn them again near the rim of the bag so my stitching goes through the black nylon webbing reinforcement already in that area..

I hang mine on an ALICE style pistol belt, and to stop it sliding about, I hold it in place with a plastic cable/zip tie around one of the loops and through a couple of the eyelets on the belt.

The loops still take the weight on the belt, but the tie stops the bag from sliding.

My next project is to cut off the mesh end pocket and sew on a single M16 style magazine pouch for some additional bits I like to carry...
I too use an ALICE style belt over my existing anti-buttcrack belt. Works well, especially when changing locations for continued hunts as it is easy to take off and put on the tool belt.

I too use an ALICE style belt over my existing anti-buttcrack belt. Works well, especially when changing locations for continued hunts as it is easy to take off and put on the tool belt.

I use the shoulder harness/suspenders as well as it stops things sliding downwards now my waist appears to be missing!

Below is a older pic of my current setup, although I have changed it slightly since then.., I am just putting together another setup based on a Shrxy finds I was given for Christmas..

I don't really need two setup, but given how wet and muddy things get over here during winter, its no bad thing to have a spare dry set up..

Attachments

• NewbeltsetupRS.jpg
    NewbeltsetupRS.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 838
Just got this setup. I replaced the pouch on the left with my Shrxy and removed the hammer loop. Seems like it'll be a pretty good setup. I wanted suspenders because once I started filling up my bag with trash it would really start drooping and pulling down so I wanted suspenders to prevent this and having a pouch on both sides I can evenly distribute stuff I dig. I took the pouch I removed and put it on the belt I was using with the Shrxy so now I have a second setup for just quick outings or when I won't be very far from my car or a spare someone else can use if they need one.

81kVu7Qpq8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Omega Mills Relic Elite Pouch.

Designed specifically for metal detecting, and very high quality material, zippers, stitching, belt, etc.

Trying to cheap out on tools burned me when I was younger. Chose the right tool designed for the job and make sure it's quality.

Saves money in the long run and makes the hobby more enjoyable.

I've used a 2 pouch system for years. I have a small, zippered pouch for goodies, and I've used a garrett finds pouch for junk. I saw this in walmart the other day for like $10 and impulse bought it. My probe (long skinny Phillip's screwdriver) fits in one of the shell holders. I just punched a hole in the bottom and the handle fits snugly in the shell holder. And the large mesh pouch is zippered at the bottom to easily empty trash. I've only used it a couple times, but so far, I'm liking it.
7c18812fc8189467fcceeb99a21e63ed.jpg
6db87e450696a5d55326f41013abcbdc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Being a cheapskate i liked the idea of the "painter's apron".

Just picked up one from my local hardware store for $2.39.

Says ACE on it, a title i hope to earn.

Has two pockets.

Trying to tie it behind you flashes you back to a medical facility where you are donning a robe that ties in the back.

You know how well that works! So i bought a pair of shoe laces for an extension so i can tie it off at the front.

These are great. Mole pouch on eBay.

Attachments

• 45EA3AE9-C12F-47A6-8726-C8EFF28DA904.jpg
    45EA3AE9-C12F-47A6-8726-C8EFF28DA904.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 347
Got a bunch of military surplus molle pouches and put them on a belt

It really is a simple only 5 minute job..just make sure you cut the pipe long enough initially so the tip of the blade does not poke out the bottom...

Having the tip open lets the dirt fall through. I made a simple digger sheath from two pieces of scrap leather. It fits about all of my different diggers. It has help up fine for several years now.
Open Sheath 2 (1).jpg

This bag has two, not just one D ring, a thick wire in the top rim to hold it in an shape you'd like or close tight. Mesh bottom, rock solid build. I love mine, i use it with a thick belt on the outside of my regular pants belt, and these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071J61ZK1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
to keep it from pulling my pants down. The suspenders a quite decent for the low price.
https://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Ultimate-Catch-All-Pouch-Detecting/dp/B07DSZDGFV

I used a military style mechanics bag..

to store my diggers, pinpointers, and other stuff I use.
I use a leather sheath with a digger and pinpointer sheath.
I got it handmade on the bay.
For the coins I use one of those little tourist style bag that's around my waist and has 3 compartments for coins and other stuff. It also has 2 side pockets where I have extra batteries.
It is camo in color.

Back
Top Bottom