What finds bag do you guys like.

I use a Whites Signature Series Utility Belt. Overall it is pretty decent. Unfortunately I have literally no hips at all so have to readjust it about every 30 minutes. But that isn't a fault of the belt. Though about adding suspenders to it.

There is also a thread on here for leg mounted units ,http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=272270

How do you like yours? Seems like a neat idea.

I started with the Garret bag that came with my ATPRO. Very simple bag, works fine but the belt is flimsy and no extra pockets. I can't stand flimsy belts and wanted more pockets. Bought a Relic Elite, love the pockets and mesh bottom but I dorfed my order, got a right handed one and I swing left handed. I have it all the way around behind my back practically and it still gets in the way. Too bad, it is a nice bag.
Today I ordered a Whites Signature. Looks like I can wear it either right or left and it's got maybe more pockets than the relic Elite. I carry my digger and pinpointer in a leather sheath separately.

leg mounted holder

How do you like yours? Seems like a neat idea.

I started with the Garret bag that came with my ATPRO. Very simple bag, works fine but the belt is flimsy and no extra pockets. I can't stand flimsy belts and wanted more pockets. Bought a Relic Elite, love the pockets and mesh bottom but I dorfed my order, got a right handed one and I swing left handed. I have it all the way around behind my back practically and it still gets in the way. Too bad, it is a nice bag.
Today I ordered a Whites Signature. Looks like I can wear it either right or left and it's got maybe more pockets than the relic Elite. I carry my digger and pinpointer in a leather sheath separately.
I have got to use mine several times now and really like it is small and adjustable height holds the pinpointer and my cell phone so when you are on your knees recovering a target the pinpointer is right there close. Thinking about getting a finds bag that does the same thing for the other side. Was at a cheep price like having the phone and pinpointer there makes since to me .A video link to the unit I got.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfl_PFE5n3A I think I got mine on Amazon for around $12.99

Last edited:
leg mounted finds holder

You might check this one out

Samxu Drop Leg Pouch Outdoor Metal Hunt Detection Multi-Function Bag, Portable Treasure Holder Waist Bag (Black) on Amazon, I am considering adding one of these for my other side . J
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////Just ordered this unit
Jueachy Multifunctional Drop Leg Waist Bag, Tactical Military Thigh Hip Outdoor Pack for from Amazon for $24.99 looking forward to trying it out.

Last edited:
I don't like lugging around a huge bag around my waste so I opted for something simple and smaller than the usual. I just got off of Amazon for $15. It's a dickies tool bag and it's been serving me well. I have my pinpointer, hand digger, charger, finds, cloth, spray bottle and even a water bottle hanging (I placed caribiners). Loving it so far.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200201-074028_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200201-074028_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 881
Last edited:
I use the Garrett bag

I use the Garrett bag, plus I carry in my shirt pocket a "M&M tube" for the coins and rings. The bag gets all the trash, and it can get heavy the way I dig signals. Webekin:laughing:

My buddy just started making finds pouches a few weeks ago... there looking good so far!!!! If interested let me know and I can get you in touch with him

Attachments

• 123_1(29)(1).jpg
    123_1(29)(1).jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 805
Is there a pouch out there that has a built in sheath for a hand digger on outside of pouch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using the inexpensive Shrxy at the moment and it's pretty decent with a couple short comings IMO.

First, the pinpointer holder is a little too large and with very little pressure I can push my Garrott Pro-Pointer down and out through the bottom. So if I'm in the woods or walking some distance...I have to move it to the inside of the pouch or in my pocket to prevent it from getting pushed through or wiggle out. Probably just my bag...not sure this is an issue with all of them. Just a little variation in manufacturing.

The second and biggest gripe is the belt loops. I hate them. There's two flimsy loops that are attached to the bag at the bottom of the loop but not at the top. This allows the loops to let the bag droop more than I like but worse, it causes the loops to colapse inwards towards each other causing the bag to droop really bad. I think if the loops were sown at the top as well...it would prevent this. I plan on sewing them myself to see if it helps. But better than that would be a sleeve rather than loops. If sewing them at the top of the loops does fix my issue then I'm going to remove them and sew on a belt sleeve.

Other than that...it's been a decent bag. Holds a bottle of water, my reading glasses, pinpointer with some caution, hand shovel, finds case, and enough room for junk or less important finds. Overall construction and material used...I don't think this thing will fall apart anytime soon.

I recently picked up the Grey Ghost Ultimate catch all pouch...so far, very happy with it. The belt that came with it was flimsy, but I replaced it with a better belt that I had intended to do so with anyways.

The Shrxy bag has several spots for tools. I have a handsaw, a hand digger, and a homemade coin probe in mine.
I was given a Shrxy bag for Christmas and was worried that the blade on my hand digger would eventually cut through the material on the internal pocket...

To stop this, what I have done is get a short length of 2" PVC pipe, heat it in the oven and then squash it nearly flat...

I have then inserted this into the internal pocket to act as a "protective liner" for the blade..

By chance friction holds it in place nicely but had it not, I d have used a bit of silicon sealant to temporarily glue it in place..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom