Nothing Too Amazing, Just a Merc and a 1912S

Buellride

Forum Supporter
With it being so dry here in the PNW I have been primarily CRH'ing (which has been SUPER productive). But today:

A co-worker from my company happens to live in the same town that I usually hunt asked me when was I going to come over and hunt her yard. She lives in a 1902 home and gave me free reign to hunt front and back yards. Of course I obliged her :D

Unfortunately the only thing I found (which I gave to the owner) was a 1907 V-Nickel. But it was definitely karma because she got me on 2 additional properties and that is where I found the 1920S Merc, started to find a decent number of wheats. At the tail end of one of the 1905 homes I found the 3.1gram Sterling Silver earring and lastly dug the oldest wheat being a 1912S Wheat. If I treat it correctly it could be worth upwards to $11 in G4.

The picture doesn't do the 1912S justice but it is in the upper left hand corner (I didn't clean the wheaties).

Again, nothing "amazing" but the Merc, earring, and 1912S wheat were great finds.

Lastly, if you are wondering on the CRH'ing....I have found 15 silver halves since I started hunting Loomis rolled coins. 15 silvers for 5 boxes so far, not a bad average.

Attachments

• 20220924_130422.jpg
    20220924_130422.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 345
Congrats on the Merc and wheats Bull. She is a beauty. And nice wheat harvest. For a while all I could find was Barbers and Rosies, I thought she was playing hard to get. Nah, my last five silver have been all Mercs and nice ones too. The latest was a 1940 with only one wheat,, a 1916 but no S mint mark. Good luck. Mark

how do you get Loomis rolled coins in boxes?

In Atlanta, I searched and the only facility is on the south side of Atlanta and I live on the north side of Atlanta and from here to there is a beast of a drive . In Atlanta traffic it could take 1 hour one way or 2 - 3 hours one way because of frequent traffic jams on I-285.

Only in Atlanta can a homeless man even set an overpass on fire and it destroyed the over pass and was out of service for several months. A drug user accidently set the fire where really smart state officials decided to store a lot of high-density plastic conduit under the underpass thinking it was safe. It cost Georgia Tax payers $16.6 million dollars

Attachments

• overpassfire.jpg
    overpassfire.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
I found a 1912 s once. Was hoping it was a 1912 d. Put it in my wallet so I wouldn't lose it. Got home to find the 1912 was a 1912 s and not d. Wouldn't have mattered though, all the details that were left on that pretty green wheat were now crumbled to pieces in my wallet.

Back
Top Bottom