fish tournament scandal - lead weights

Talk about unsportsman like conduct. Its a shame how low some people will go. They should be prosecuted.

The 2 of them won a boat and over 300k its all over youtube you can't post them though way too much swearing... those 2 guys who got caught had to call cops because they feared they were gonna a beat down... I think they were arrested later if I remember correctly...

Cheating for $ when it comes to fishing has been going on forever. I caught a few when I used to work on fishing boats when it came time for the jackpot. It wasn't as bad as this video with these guys , but still bad. We had an unwritten rule where the $ was forfeited to the crew. So I was on the lookout for sure. Lol

Am I missing something here?

You would think checking the fish would be standard procedure, but apparently, it's not.

Am I missing something here?

You would think checking the fish would be standard procedure, but apparently, it's not.

Bass guys its no kill so no way to check short of a xray... don't know whether these guys also bass fished....

This is a common practice our bluefish contest up here has caught cheaters a few times prize is only 25k

I remember I used to do a shore fishing bass tournament at one of the local rod & gun clubs. 20$ to enter and 10$ to play the lunker. 36 hour tounament. I caught a 4.7 lb largemouth on the first night, and was in the lead for probably 90% of the tournament for both the #1 spot and the lunker pool. I was on my way to a whopping 275$! :lol: anyway, a few hours before the end, a teenage girl and her father pull a 5.3lb largemouth and I lose the lunker pool AND the number one spot :no: while I can't prove their was any collusion, the bass they entered was clearly much smaller than mine, but also much heavier. I ended up winning 150$ and second place. Unfortunately, lots of cheaters out there. Usually they get caught eventually. I never felt any sense of satisfaction winning by cheating, so I pretty much play by the rules. These guys are morons...

I would bet most of the tournaments will start using metal detectors in the near future. Yeah there could be a few fish with old metal in them. Some one who knows how to use a pinpointer could tell if it was substantial. Only the people that cheat or those that think bass are equal to God would complain about gutting one.

I fished tournaments for about 6 years pretty regular. Had guys get caught trimming Redfish tails to make length. Couple guys who won when you weren't supposed to touch land got filmed sitting down at a eating spot on the water during the tournament. Had guys weigh fish they got from a Seafood seller. Rules changed so guys with cheap boats couldn't fish, etc. Even had a guy sponsored by an underwater camera maker win a Redfish spot tournament when he said he saw the fish on the camera before he casted on it because he could see a bunch of spots. Only problem is our water you can't see 3 feet underwater. Had guys get caught with lead weighted fish too. What you do is contest the win. Then they kill the fish and examine it. If you are wrong it's $500 out of your pocket. If you are right the person caught gets banned from fishing tournaments for 5 years.

Only the people that cheat or those that think bass are equal to God would complain about gutting one

It would be a shame to kill a large bass just because of potential cheaters. Running a coil over the fish would be good enough to catch the cheaters.

Scumbags! There are so many people that will do anything for a few bucks. Just like planters that plant stuff on YouTube for subs and views

I would bet most of the tournaments will start using metal detectors in the near future. Yeah there could be a few fish with old metal in them. Some one who knows how to use a pinpointer could tell if it was substantial. Only the people that cheat or those that think bass are equal to God would complain about gutting one.

wouldn't even have to be a metal detector just a good pin pointer would work

I commercial fish the Mississippi river. A year or two ago I had a catfish probably 60-70lbs. Had 2 guys come up to me and try to buy it for way more than it was worth. Something didn't seem right with these guys so I opted not to deal with them. Found out later there was a catfish tournament going on at the same time. Several times since then I have wondered if they were entrants in the tournament. I suspect they were.

Back
Top Bottom