Burnt Out about the Manticore

Rok

Is anyone else burnt out hearing about the Manticore? Fact is, no one will know If its good or not, till it's released to consumers.

I'm sure it will be a little bit better than the Deus2, but at this point, I really don't care. I won't be in a rush to get one.

I'm already burnt out. It has to have head to head testing against non-biased detectors to get my attention anymore.

I'm already burnt out. It has to have head to head testing, against non-biased detectors with their machines, to get my attention anymore. Contrived is the word I have so far over the testers of the Manticore. jm3c

Nope. I got one ordered and I am eager to try it. But I am not concerned with which detector is best when I can swing them all and enjoy them all.

I don't really care what the poorly contrived tests from Youtubers come up with, not a single one of them employs any level of scientific rigor even remotely approaching that of a high school science fair project, so why would anybody trust them? Also, when confronted with that fact, none of them seem to realize the importance of these basic tenets of scientific rigor, nor do they even know what they are...

Last edited:
You can get burned out hearing about just about anything. My main interest is if it TID's more accurate deeper in my area on a salt beach, if it floods, and if it cracks. And what works for someone else may not work for you anyways. Couple of my friends have several restored show cars. I thought a '66 Stingray was awesome until i drove one. Also found out a Mechanic doesn't like pulling a '67 GTO into a work bay in a tight parking lot:lol:

I don't mind at all. When something possibly game-changing hits the market I want to know. If I get bored I just quit watching videos and reading the posts.

The Manticore could be that game changer I don't know yet. I do get tired of all the setup tests that, in my opinion, really prove nothing other than they know how to make their product look good. Imagine that. I can, however, read between the frames and see things I find informative.

I love technology and science in general, and I'm always eager to hear of any new detector technology.

With that said, all I've really seen of the Manticore so far, can be equated to "sales person" videos that are totally void of objectivity.

Is anyone else burnt out hearing about the Manticore? Fact is, no one will know If its good or not, till it's released to consumers.

I'm sure it will be a little bit better than the Deus2, but at this point, I really don't care. I won't be in a rush to get one.

Hell no... we got put through months of listening to these alleged experts that the other brand was best in the world...

We can handle anything now :yes:

And we have rules in place to stop any of that old nonsense...

Last edited:
How do you know that?

Heck no, I would like to learn more. Two questions I have and have not seen ask yet, is one, Will the Manticore be able to run from and external battery ? And two if you tweak a setting in a mode and shut the machine down will it reset or remember the last settings. Both nice features on the Equinox and I hope it continues with the Manticore. I have never hunted long enough to have to use an external battery on my 800. But with an advertised run time of 9 hrs. I have a feeling the Manticore is going to be a gas guzzler and even more so in certain modes. And one feature I do not care for on the D2 is if you forget to save your settings and shut it down you're back to square one. While as when hunting a site with the 800 and I make a few adjustments and they are working I can just leave them till I'm done working the area. So I know the Manticore has I believe 10 user profiles now, but still hope it has what I call the set it and forget it mode. Yeah show me more. Mark

I love technology and science in general, and I'm always eager to hear of any new detector technology.

With that said, all I've really seen of the Manticore so far, can be equated to "sales person" videos that are totally void of objectivity.

:goodpost:

Nope. I got one ordered and I am eager to try it. But I am not concerned with which detector is best when I can swing them all and enjoy them all.

I don't really care what the poorly contrived tests from Youtubers come up with, not a single one of them employs any level of scientific rigor even remotely approaching that of a high school science fair project, so why would anybody trust them? Also, when confronted with that fact, none of them seem to realize the importance of these basic tenets of scientific rigor, nor do they even know what they are...

Science WHAT??:lol: Never mind all of that, we’ve got channels to promote and coffees for people to buy us! I wish I could get people to just “send me money” so I could go metal detecting. I guess I’ll just maintain my roost on the lower level of the totem…

You ain’t seen nothing yet,wait till these guys get they’re hands on one and the forums get flooded with test videos..:laughing:

If a beach guy, a real beach guy tested one I would watch but will not waste my time watching wannabe's....

Science WHAT??:lol: Never mind all of that, we’ve got channels to promote and coffees for people to buy us! I wish I could get people to just “send me money” so I could go metal detecting. I guess I’ll just maintain my roost on the lower level of the totem…

That " Thanks for the donations so i don't have to buy my own detectors" Went against everything these guys have been preaching.

Back
Top Bottom