H/F Tumbler

tombraider2

WOW, I'm amazed at how well this worked. Got the single drum tumbler at H/F.
FYI, don't put to much Soap in the wash or the lid will pop off and a mess will happen :laughing:

2 hrs on pennies and 1 hr on Clad. Sorry no pic of clad. I used CLR and Dawn with hot water.

Attachments

• Tumbler.jpg
    Tumbler.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,013
  • Berfore.jpg
    Berfore.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,014
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,023
Tumbling does the trick! You found that too much Dawn causes bulging. I found that too. I also discovered that vinegar reacted with my colored aquarium gravel, causing bulging too. With a splash of CLR, it cleans a lot off without needing the gravel.
I recommend picking out all the badly corroded ones before dumping them in a counting machine. Don't roll them or try to spend them either. They are junk.
Tumble on!

I've only had my HF single drum for about a year, but very happy with it so far. Been there with the soap mess and with the vinegar as well. Live and learn! GL and HH.

why would you tumble penny's ?
your electric cost more or were you aware of that ??????
next time if you clean penny's soak in white vinegar and whipe with a rag..
i don't waste my time on penny's
trash they go or give them to kids..:laughing:

I have always tumbled pennies, except for the ate up zincs. I mainly hunt for coppers though. I will always tumble pennies.

Well, when I'm tumbling 2-300 pennies, my electric doesn't cost nearly that much.

With the solar panels on my roof, my electric bill still does not go up.:cool3: I tumble the pennies, then go to the bank coin star, free if I deposit them.
I use the same tumbler, very happy with it.

I’ve had my HF dual drum tumbler for a little over a year now. Never had a problem with it. Some tips on usage: I aways lubricate the two roller rods before each use. Just a drop of 3 in 1 oil on all four bearing surfaces. I never fill each drum more than 50-52 ozs including the weight of the drum. When I first got the tumbler I filled both drums nearly full (coins, water, gravel) and the belt would just slip and they didn’t turn. So I got in the habit of weighing them on a postal scale and 52 oz is about right. Plus you need some room in the drums for the coins and cleaning media to swirl around.

I have a cheap plastic $20 Toys-R-Us tumbler that’s going on ten years of use. Bought a HF several years ago for a back up.

i am on my third HF tumbler. had a double-- that was my fault it conked out. now i know how to service and use them right, adjust the belt alignment, lube . dont overfill etc... this one has lasted for years. aquarium gravel will eventually wear out but cheap. i use a little ammonia on my stuff, not too much and yes have made a mess and blew off a lid. save your old drums. my teller is too nice to turn in dirty coins to. i roll the bad ones up together and tell her thats to the mint. i rolled up $40 bucks worth pennies for the Grandkid. they add up and in parks they are so plentiful if you dont remove them they can mask a good target like a gold ring.. proven that. get rid of them out of ground for deep stuff as they are a high signal. i have a Troy X2 that will eliminate a zinc in coin check, but also a small gold ring at the same time. Pennies..they spend. your tax money paid for them.

I have the same one, works great! I did get some actual fat o-rings the same size as the belts for durability, I kept breaking belts. They’re self tracking and trouble free so far, I’m on my first o-ring after 5-6 runs. Sure is nice to have a tumbler!

have a double barrel H/F about 12-15 years old... just buy a few extra belts they sell them at H/F. back then they were either 29 or $39... just about doubled now...

Back
Top Bottom