Detecting at NIGHT

dcast703

I'm sure there is a thread on this already somewhere but this site is pretty difficult for me to use sometimes... but I've seen a few posts mentioning detecting at night.

What tips can I get here about it? Do you use one of those low-brightness red flashlights from the military? Is there a light on your detector? One of those head lamps? A lot of places have rules about being there after a certain time like 10pm..

Tips? Photos of rigs? Processes? Anything? I am interested in trying it out.

I use a headlamp that has adjustable brightness on it. I love detecting at night, it is so quiet that you get a better chance to hear those faint high tones and you really get to just listen to what your machine is telling you.

Depending on where you live it can be fun ... A headlight is the thing you will need since you will need your other hands for detecting and digging. Now if I were to detect at night I wouldn't wear headphones since I would like to hear if someone, or something, is approaching me.

Get yourself a ball cap with led's built in to the bill of the hat, work great and no messing around... ebay has em cheap...

I use a headlamp that has adjustable brightness on it. I love detecting at night, it is so quiet that you get a better chance to hear those faint high tones and you really get to just listen to what your machine is telling you.

+1. My DFX has a backlight which is a big plus too. Except for a run in with a skunk hunting at night has been a lot of fun.

There are three of us that hunt a lot at night - especially in the Summer. Like they say, adjustable head lamp and go get'em. If area is a little shady, hunt with a buddy.

Do your work in the day and play at night!

I hunt at night all the time and prefer the dark. I think your sense of hearing is heightened when you vision gets limited. I only use the light on my propointer when I get down to recover the targets. My vision adapts to the low light after a bit so I can see the coil enough to pinpoint the target, although some of my coils are white and easily visible.

I prefer not to light myself up and attract bugs, nosy people, etc, but that's just me.

Also I use Tesoros and do not believe in TID screens so it may be different for those who do rely on the screens.

Back
Top Bottom