Question from a beginner

TimeBandit

Hello! I am brand new to the hobby and looking for some advice on using the metal detector, specifically the mode. I purchased my detector(Fisher F4) and have been spending time playing with it and getting to know the functions while waiting for the 12 inches of snow we just received here in NJ melt. When you go out to an area what function do you use when you start out? Do you go with "All Metal" and see what happens from there or do you use the discrimination mode? I bought the F4 because it has "Ground Balance" which would be needed for using at the beach in wet sand. Do you set the ground balance everywhere you go since it has that feature or is it just not needed unless at the beach?. . . . Thank you for any advice you can give! I look forward to posting a picture of my first find!!!!

All metal it will be very noisy. More prefer descrim and just know out the iron. Ground balance only works on that machine in all metal. Does not carry over to descrim mode unfortunately.

Hello! I am brand new to the hobby and looking for some advice on using the metal detector, specifically the mode. I purchased my detector(Fisher F4) and have been spending time playing with it and getting to know the functions while waiting for the 12 inches of snow we just received here in NJ melt. When you go out to an area what function do you use when you start out? Do you go with "All Metal" and see what happens from there or do you use the discrimination mode? I bought the F4 because it has "Ground Balance" which would be needed for using at the beach in wet sand. Do you set the ground balance everywhere you go since it has that feature or is it just not needed unless at the beach?. . . . Thank you for any advice you can give! I look forward to posting a picture of my first find!!!!

PM me im in Berlin NJ I had an f4 ill show you how to operate it.
Cliff

Welcome. Use discrimination until you learn the machine, All metal will drive you crazy and then you will wrap the detector around a tree.

Back
Top Bottom