• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

CTX Question

Dirtfishn350

Forum Supporter
Someone in the classifieds was selling a ctx, said it came w/ down loaded manual. Cause the (minelab) doesn't send a man. with it. Is this true? Did I not understand it? Think if you spend 2500.00 on the machine you would get a user guide. Just don't sound right I must have made a mistake...:?:

You get a User Guide, basically how to assemble and turn it on. The manual is included on a disc. If you want a paper copy you have to print it from the disc or Minelabs site.

You get a User Guide, basically how to assemble and turn it on. The manual is included on a disc. If you want a paper copy you have to print it from the disc or Minelabs site.

Minelab is going green. Nobody reads manuals anyway.

Someone in the classifieds was selling a ctx, said it came w/ down loaded manual. Cause the (minelab) doesn't send a man. with it. Is this true? Did I not understand it? Think if you spend 2500.00 on the machine you would get a user guide. Just don't sound right I must have made a mistake...:?:

$3000 with the manual :)

Minelab is going green. Nobody reads manuals anyway.

Had a friend of mine pushed the wrong button on the wireless module. It will make it where the wireless doesn't work. He called another friend of mine in another State at 1 a.m. and woke him up asking how to get the wireless back to working. After that I downloaded the manual and put it in my vehicle. And make sure my cell phone isn't where it can wake me up:lol:

I took the PDF from the CD into an office supply store and they printed it with a spiral binding and cover for about $25. I used it for a while and then quit using it once I got familiar. It was indeed handy to throw in the truck when I went out. Every once in a while if I forget how to use a feature I look at the copy I keep on my hard drive. I have settled into a program downloaded from Gone Hunting using the 50 tone settings and modified profile. I love his settings on that machine.

If you buy a CTX3030 from me or any other ML product I'll be glad to print and bind a copy of the manual for ya!
HH,phil

The reason it does not come with one is cause the CTX is ever changing. Minelab can update it at any time. You need to check to see if updates are on the exchange web site from time to time. The manual is already out dated from the first release.

The reason it does not come with one is cause the CTX is ever changing. Minelab can update it at any time. You need to check to see if updates are on the exchange web site from time to time. The manual is already out dated from the first release.

Correct! I have been using one since day one. Many things have changed. Feel free to call me with questions no matter you bought from me or not. ;)

Looks like minelab was using firmware updates to fix issues not improve or add new features....makes me wonder if they ever will

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

True. But I'm guessing they won't be as receptive to improving things and making constant revisions like XP does...they need to save some improvements so you buy the ctx 4040 instead lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom