(RING FOUND)HELP!!! I need advice on finding lost diamond ring

Jac777

Hello all

Great news! I have located my missing ring!

I appreciate all the help I received in this matter

Thank you all
Jason

Last edited:
HELP!!! I need advice on finding lost diamond ring

dont know anything about your md but went and read about it it does have a nine point notch out so you should be able to narrow down your conductivityto the gold/zinc penny zone which is where youl find your ring at anywhere between a nicel and a penny is where the conductivity of your ring falls in white gold reads in the same range as yellow gold or zinc

dont know anything about your md but went and read about it it does have a nine point notch out so you should be able to narrow down your conductivityto the gold/zinc penny zone which is where youl find your ring at anywhere between a nicel and a penny is where the conductivity of your ring falls in white gold reads in the same range as yellow gold or zinc and yes it does mean you have to be prepared to dig a lot of junk maybe to find it!

You should be able to turn down the sensitivity and not detect as deep. Gold tends to ring up like pull tabs on some machines. Maybe someone with the same machine can chime in and shed some more info.

dont know anything about your md but went and read about it it does have a nine point notch out so you should be able to narrow down your conductivityto the gold/zinc penny zone which is where youl find your ring at anywhere between a nickel and a penny is where the conductivity of your ring falls into white gold reads in the same range as yellow gold or zinc and yes it does mean you have to be prepared to dig a lot of junk maybe to find it!

Hi Jac777! Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm going to try and help you with your 6T. I also have a Prizm 6T. As I've had some good luck with my detectors I've been able to pick up some white gold items. So I scanned them with my 6T and they all rang up in the VDI- 06 to 10 and showed on the foil icon.

I would suggest you discriminate the first two items on the screen, iron and nails. Dig everything that shows foil. Now I have no idea what your ring will ring up as but it will probably be in the foil range. But, you can't ignore pull tabs, and zinc pennies. Gold does show up in that range also.

Have you been able to figure out how to work your machine? And did you get headphones? They will help. Run it with tone id. on and practice listening to the tones by running foil, pulltabs, coins so you can learn the tones. You may get overwhelmed a bit with the tones if the spot is really trashy so keep watching the screen for the icons. If you think it's on the surface you probably won't need the sensitivity too high.

Good luck. Let me know how you make out. You can pm me if you need any more help. The Prizm 6T is a good machine. It should find it with no trouble at all.

Last edited:
If it was me, I wouldn't dig at all. In my case, I have one of the best handheld pin pointers available, so I would use the 6T to indicate a "zero" target with it's PP function, and then scratch the surface with the handheld pinpointer, pick up junk until I found the ring.

Digging any depth seems as a waste of time to me. martin

ring

if the ring was just lost there would be no reason to dig anything as it will be on the surface. also no need to turn anything down, just leave on factory settings when you get a signal look down to see if it is there. make a grid pattern. do not go like a chicken with its head cut off and you will find it. strock

Another option is ofcourse that since you dropped it someone else found it and pocketed it...just because your couldnt find it doesnt mean someone else didnt.

Sorry if thats not what you want to hear but that could happen so accept that as a possability, that you may not have found it because its not there anymore.

Saying that a simple all metal scan walking slowly over the ground especially when its dry should have found it, you should swing low and slow because some rings dont give that ear blasting note and can if they are pointing straight up and not on their side give a good number on only one swing and not the 90 degree swing.

You would be better to offer up a reward or contact the finders on here to get it for you, they will know the numbers and will find it with you standing there next to them without you thinking they are going to palm it...if you do that though heres one recommendation....dont go talked to them about how hard it would be for 'someone' to sell on or pawn it or melt it as the diamonds are serial numbered..they dont like the insinuations and are more then likely to not give it their all...i know i sorts flicked back on the effort level when i was listening to that

OR, you could post a lost item report on www.lostmystuff.net and get a metal detectorist to come out and look for it for you for FREE and I'd bet even get some MD training on your machine as well...

Congratulations on finding your lost ring. You were very lucky. Did any of the suggestions help you out? Give us some of the details on how you found it. I'm sure all the posters would like to know.

Back
Top Bottom