• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

$1000 reward - lost wedding band - brighton beach, scarborough - western australia

Billy

I got an email today from Jared in Perth, yesterday he lost his Wedding ring which carries enormous sentimental value to himself and his family.
Jared asked if I could help find his ring, unfortunately I had to say no because I am currently building a shed which should be completed by the weekend…. then I will probably head to Perth to try and find Jareds ring.
I did however point Jared to another Perth Metal Detectorist, so hopefully he can find Jareds ring successfully!

In the meantime If anyone reading this has found Jared’s ring, please contact me or Jared.

Jareds note:
This ring has enormous sentimental value to me and my family. It was my late father’s ring, who tragically died when I was a young boy. My mother has been holding onto it for 25 years to pass to me on my wedding day – which was only a month ago!

LOST FROM: Brighton Beach, Scarborough
DATE: 26 January 2009 (Australia Day)
TIME: Approximately 12 noon
EXACT LOCATION: Somewhere in the water - directly in front of the Surf Lifesaving Tower. I was about waist –chest deep at the time.
SPECIFICS: Mens, wide (approximately 1cm), yellow gold wedding band. It’s heavy!
ENGRAVING: It has my parents’ initials and wedding date, as well as ‘Jared 28-12-08 Sarah’, engraved on the inside.
PLEASE CALL JARED ON 042 098 6021
OR EMAIL [email protected]

Billy,

A quick question for you.

Are you using the "Beach Mode" program with no changes on your e-trac?

I live here in Honolulu and it seems after about 1 hour or 1 hour and 15 minutes of searching our beach my E-trac starts to become unstable such as false signals, and irratic signals. Since we are on a Volcaniac Rock I was wondering if you are having any problems or have modified your settings.

BOB

Billy,

A quick question for you.

Are you using the "Beach Mode" program with no changes on your e-trac?

I live here in Honolulu and it seems after about 1 hour or 1 hour and 15 minutes of searching our beach my E-trac starts to become unstable such as false signals, and irratic signals. Since we are on a Volcaniac Rock I was wondering if you are having any problems or have modified your settings.

BOB

Yes mine has been giving false and erratic signals also, I thought it may have been a problem. It is a pain. Do you have any suggestions?

Billy,

I had mine at the beach again today and noticed that when I do wet sand (not in the water) is when it happens. Dry sand is OK or when I hit certain spots it's goes wild. I am going to try and get some answers. It may be the volcantic soil or rocks which the islands are made of. I''ll get back to you after I try a few things and let you know the results.

BOB

Back
Top Bottom