AT Pro question

I took the opportunity to call Garrett and spoke to a very helpful, friendly fellow that confirmed what others here have said. It's an overload and likely a large iron target. He related an experience he had with similar readings and it turned out to be a buried 55 gallon drum, used as a type of drain tank for an outdoor washing machine.

It was nice to call a company and be put through by a receptionist to someone who knows the product and isn't a 1st tier script reader. That's the type of thing that will make me a loyal customer.

Papa

i suspect as many here have stated it's overload...you dig one or two of these and you'll get real smart on these!! My last one I thought for sure was a jar of silver dollars..but it turned out to be a heavy steel (I guess) threaded collar looking thing...bout 7 inches down. Even with all the proper descrim, it was falsing on sheer mass of the object I figure. It was about 4in in diameter and 3inches in height.

I tried digging down about a foot or so the other evening in one of the spots giving a strong, high tone. Nothing. Even super tuning my propointer at the bottom of the hole gave no signal. Whatever is down there, it's deep and must be fairly large to register like that.

Thanks for sharing your experience, TM!

Papa

I tried digging down about a foot or so the other evening in one of the spots giving a strong, high tone. Nothing. Even super tuning my propointer at the bottom of the hole gave no signal. Whatever is down there, it's deep and must be fairly large to register like that.

Thanks for sharing your experience, TM!

Papa

Prolly would have found the target at 2 feet unless it was just a bunch of rust particles that caused the halo effect.

Thanks for the advice. I do know what each adjustment does and how they interact. Having a background in electronics and RF energy allows me to understand detector theory.

I have found an area about 2x2 feet in my backyard where the detector goes crazy and I know there is nothing electrical buried there. That's where it was spitting out a lot of 00 and 99 with other intermediate VDI indications with depth showing 8 to 10 inches. I'm thinking that's a deep pile of construction trash from when the house was built.

Regards,

Papa

Thats where the bodies are buried....dont dig there!!!:digginahole: :laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom