(UPDATED)Hunting with a "mad dog" finds me some class

18kRonin

Forum Supporter
I've described the DF as insanely good at picking up the deep stuff but today it was just insane as in stark raving mad, poor thing had gone mad dog on me falsing like crazy coming right one minute then going into a seizure foaming at the mouth sort of thing giving me the idea that all was not well with my beloved DF.

Maybe not finding anything with a K or P stamped on it for 9 weeks had sent it over the edge or maybe me spending too much time with the Excal did, don't know but tried everything I could think of to restore some sanity but no luck.

Could just pick up the shallower stuff over all the noise from the falsing if I swung the coil over an area a heap of times, so continued hunting with the crazy one. In the end the DF was getting so bad it wasn't even picking up coins and was going to turn it off and head home when I picked up a silver ring and shortly after GOLD!!! 18K!!! Even an insane DF can still find gold and silver unreal.

Sending the DF first class to Sweet home for some much needed R&R (replacement and/or repair)

Turned out to be the best day in a looooong time in the finds department with a classy looking 7.6g 18K ear ring the best ear ring I've found so far, 2 freshly dropped silver rings, 54 coins and an end to the K drought, yeah baby!!!

56F15AC6-B679-4CA9-A182-A89F2308D414-1476-000002A68D0F9C2E.jpg

061AB389-53C8-4850-B971-A864E83C4214-1476-000002A6A01F75A2.jpg

Wow! If they feel ill they even pay for their own repairs:shock: NICE finds 18k! Hope you get her back quick! Still looking for my 18k!

18k i too had the dual field go stark raving mad on my last trip out and i turned it off , i think it was in an area where there were some EMI issues interference mega!!!!! anyway it too settled down then i hit the 18k gold diamond monster! Anyway maybe i need new batteries we will see in a few tuesdays from now:laughing: Way to go on those awesome finds! Happy hunting!!!!!

Wow! If they feel ill they even pay for their own repairs:shock: NICE finds 18k! Hope you get her back quick! Still looking for my 18k!
Thanks Guys, yeah itsaring surprised the hell out of me :shock: was the last thing I was expecting. The DF is a real trooper :yes:

18k i too had the dual field go stark raving mad on my last trip out and i turned it off , i think it was in an area where there were some EMI issues interference mega!!!!! anyway it too settled down then i hit the 18k gold diamond monster! Anyway maybe i need new batteries we will see in a few tuesdays from now:laughing: Way to go on those awesome finds! Happy hunting!!!!!

Yeah roob47 had just put in new battries was thinking it was EMI at the start of the hunt but the DF's mood swings were just too wild for that, still you got me to test it again. No luck :no: can only pick up a coin from an inch might be a dud coil. Just real lucky I have a back up detector :yes:

Awesome day out! Good to see you back in the precious metals market. :D

Dug a HEAP of new age metals in the past few weeks to get that baby :lol:

BOOM BABY! even a raving mad DF can sniff it out! Sorry to hear your gonna have to send it in for repairs, but you got the backup Excal! Sweeeet hunt, lots of good looking stuff. That earring is super nice! Wonder what the stone is? :neat:

Nice hunt 18k. Still digging up some old coins which is a good sign.....

Well.... not fair, my Xcal sure didnt find 18K when it was freaken out. You just cant beat those shinny 18K.

Dew

Japan strikes again! Japan, Mexico and now Guam. Glad to see you guys looting the earth for yellow! Sorry to hear about the DF. Sounds like a check up is in order.

BOOM BABY! even a raving mad DF can sniff it out! Sorry to hear your gonna have to send it in for repairs, but you got the backup Excal! Sweeeet hunt, lots of good looking stuff. That earring is super nice! Wonder what the stone is? :neat:

Thanks all, Guam think that stone is turquoise, said in Wikipedia that you shouldn't take that stuff to the beach, it doesn't like sunlight. Could tell them another reason :lol:

Nice hunt 18k. Still digging up some old coins which is a good sign.....

Thanks G&K about 10% of the clad was old crusty stuff that the DF picked up in some of it's better moods. The rest was fresh shallow stuff no more than 9 weeks old doesn't take long for that fresh stuff to lose it's shine. :yes:

Well.... not fair, my Xcal sure didnt find 18K when it was freaken out. You just cant beat those shinny 18K.

Dew

:lol: location location location :lol: when I realized I wasn't even picking up coins I moved to a spot with a lot of rocks covered with a thin layer of sand. Just got lucky Dew. Learnt a lot about finding stuff through falsing when I was hunting beaches on the wet and in shallow water with the Ace 250 :lol:

Just got word from Connie at Whites and she's sending me a new DF this afternoon YAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man I'm stoaked!!! my old DF hasn't even arrived in the States yet, still in transit. Now that's what I call REAL service.
A BIG shout out to Whites :urock:
And thank you Connie, you rock too :yes:

amazing, looks like the DF held up to its last breath, glad whites took care of the situation, cant beat them on their service, I have 3 of their machines and #4 will be on its way soon, a BH300 ID as a backup/loaner for the beach.....GL+HH.....cliff.

Sounds to me like you have water in the coil... at least you were able to find some gold before sending it out... I had water in my coil and after a while it wouldn't even see my scoop.

that is an awesome hunt there,,,Congrats on the 18K,,,that is truely a sweet earring,,I always find junk earrings,,,,too bad you didn't find both of them,,,:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom