• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Equinox 800 guidebook

davemercier

Hi everyone, i'm hoping to get opinions on which of the books available for learning all about the Minelab equinox 800 is the best. Thanks very much for any advice!

The online manual is really good. So is all of the info at Detector Prospector Equinox Essential Information. All Free!!!

Youtube!! Lots of great tutorials on using the Nox and all free!! I have the factory manual printed out and Andy's book but still get some good tips from the youtube tutorials. I find sometimes that the video format with sound and visuals help more than printed info.

Second for youtube. With everyone and their mother making videos for everything now, it's all there especially when I want to hear a specific item vs the detector.

Hands on and dig it all until you understand what the detector is telling you. More you dig the more you understand what the machine is saying! You can read a book or listen to what billybob is telling you and it might click to some point of understanding or read a book and some it might click but if you want to get it alll to click the fastest dig it all until you can call your coins before you dig them ! At least most of them. :cool3:

Hands on and dig it all until you understand what the detector is telling you. More you dig the more you understand what the machine is saying! You can read a book or listen to what billybob is telling you and it might click to some point of understanding or read a book and some it might click but if you want to get it alll to click the fastest dig it all until you can call your coins before you dig them ! At least most of them. :cool3:

I know you're right Mike, i remember very well how you were able to call every number that all of those coins produced. It was a thing of beauty to see that kind of expert operation of a detector! I hope to be able to follow you around a lot more in the future if i can get in good enough shape to at least try and keep up!:lol:

Hey, I had to chime in here ... after stopping the rolling and getting up off the floor.

fist off, there are many sources of information to read, watch. you have the product manual, the producers instructional videos, 2 different authors written guides, and countless individual contributions (forums, yootoob, clubs) and not mention many park fields and school grounds.

but as far as a guide goes ... make your own. literally push every button in every combination and sequence to learn every option at your finger tips. map it out by actually writing down your findings on paper.

now I have done some of this, but I think one of the best guides that you can have, is logging the detail of your outings. where, when, conditions, settings, weather, finds, disposition. these details will help you avoid re-covering ground, help you learn about conditional effects and refresh your memory about all the settings you've played with.

be your own guide.

Back
Top Bottom