• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Paint Pens on Dairy Bottles

EmuDetector

Forum Supporter
Well, I had some dairy bottles I found previously and I wanted to make the embossing show up nicely for my display shelf. I decided to go with some paint pens to trace the existing letters best I could. Check it out, hopefully someone finds the idea useful, thanks for looking.

Both were Washington DC dairy producers and found in the same hole across the river in Northern VA.

1925 marked Cream Top

Thompson's Dairy (no date mark)

Emu, I did the same thing with my local beer/sodas, except I used a black sharpie. Easy to remove if I need to. Takes a steady hand, doesn't it? I'm surprised I don't have Carpal Tunnel after doing all these. :lol:

Back in the 70s those bottle guys all used white enamel but that's now frowned on, as some traces of the paint would stay in the glass on bottles with casewear.

That red and blue stands out nice!

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 323
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 295
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 318
Emu, I did the same thing with my local beer/sodas, except I used a black sharpie. Easy to remove if I need to. Takes a steady hand, doesn't it? I'm surprised I don't have Carpal Tunnel after doing all these. :lol:

Back in the 70s those bottle guys all used white enamel but that's now frowned on, as some traces of the paint would stay in the glass on bottles with casewear.

That red and blue stands out nice!

Those look good! The paint pens I bought (cheapo amazon) comes off pretty easy. I had a few mistakes I went back on. But to me, I like it, helps show them off. 😁

Back
Top Bottom