• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

can not believe my eyes

Pioneer

I was hunting a old farm site in central Minnesota last Saturday and found an amazing historic relic. At first I had no idea what it was. I even thought it was a trash piece of copper and I would just throw it in with the rest of the iron trash and recycle it. My friend who was with me, stopped me and told me that I may have found a once in a life time treasure. When he said it might be up to 6000 years old, I of course said "no way, stop being so dramatic". His face stayed serious and I said "how do you know that"? "I have seen them in books and in museums".

After confirmation from an Archeologist, I found a Copper Age knife. The bent tang was done to add strength to the handle. An antler or bone would be used beneath the tang. Imagine a relic 8 inches underground that may be older than the Pyramids. The Copper Age was 4500 B.C. to 3500 B.C. The Garret AT Pro came through in a big way. I plan to donate it to the local museum in the county where I found it.

Attachments

• Oldest relic - 03.jpg
    Oldest relic - 03.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,531
  • Oldest relic - 07.jpg
    Oldest relic - 07.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,513
  • Oldest relic - 08.jpg
    Oldest relic - 08.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,532
  • Oldest relic - 12.jpg
    Oldest relic - 12.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 1,499
Awesome find. Glad your friend thought it was something worth checking out. I would have thrown it in the bucket with the rest of my "found something but its still junk bucket".

Ken

Good thing your friend was there, I would have thrown it in my !!!! pile I'd bet.

What a piece of history! You don't expect to find anyting that old, ever.

Wow, that would have likely gone in my junk bucket as well.

Congrats on a great find.

Back
Top Bottom