After Market Coils For E-TRAC

hikerdude

Forum Supporter
I see on "You Tube", where the Sun Ray X-12 coil makes the E-TRAC go three inches deeper. Well, I also see that the X-12 is no longer available. So, should I buy a larger, after market coil for my E-TRAC to help find those deeper silver coins. I don't want to waste money if there is not a deeper coil for my E-TRAC.
Is there anyone out there who could recommend a good coil?
Thanks in advance for any info.
hikerdude

The stock Etrac coil is 11" and the sunray is 12". I find it tough to believe your going to get 3 more inches of depth with a coil 1" bigger. Do you have a link to this video? If you want max depth, you will have to go big, but bigger isn't always better contrary to popular belief :laughing: I was running the 15" coil for awhile. The thing looked like a steering wheel, and wasn't very lightweight either. IMO, most stock coils are more than capable of hitting most targets you go over, and I base this opinion off of my results using a larger coil. Results may vary. Let us know which coil you go with and how it works out for you. Good luck out there!

Even though I stopped using my Etrac and went back to the Explorer 2, I was able to get at least 1.5-2” of depth over the stock pro coil using the Detech 10x12. I see a few on feeBay.

I like the Detech Ultimate 13. I don't know if it goes deeper or not, but it does cover more ground. I spend alot of time hunting fields and clean hunted out parks, so this is an advantage over the stock coil.

I've dug a ton of silvers out of "hunted out" parks with it. Would I have dug those silvers with the stock coil, I don't know. I'm too lazy to do that comparison.

I have the Detech 15x12 SEF coil up for grabs. Great coil for depth. It will get you deeper. Not sure how efficient you are with the Etrac. If you havent already look up Cutaplug videos. He will walk you through how the Etrac reacts to a DEEP coin target. It takes some practice but once you understand how Etrac is on deep coins, its like magic. Them targets are the ones that some hunters pass on!
Jer

The stock Etrac coil is 11" and the sunray is 12". I find it tough to believe your going to get 3 more inches of depth with a coil 1" bigger. Do you have a link to this video? If you want max depth, you will have to go big, but bigger isn't always better contrary to popular belief :laughing: I was running the 15" coil for awhile. The thing looked like a steering wheel, and wasn't very lightweight either. IMO, most stock coils are more than capable of hitting most targets you go over, and I base this opinion off of my results using a larger coil. Results may vary. Let us know which coil you go with and how it works out for you. Good luck out there!

Cellrdwellr, I tried but could not find the video that states three inches deeper. I did find on you tube, "DIGGIN 4 LIFE, Minelab ETRAC Best Large Searchcoil" where he talks about the X-12 being the best. Click on reply to Harry S. I've used large coils on different machines without any difference in depth, so am hesitant about buying another one for my new E-TRAC. Not sure what I end up doing, but I will keep you posted. Just for your info, one day I did dig three wheat pennies, two being 10", and one 12" with my NOX 800. The ground was wet, and it was new for me, and I don't know how it was set up? Lately, I was digging up to 8" with the NOX. The NOX is great at the beach. Two gold rings last two beach hunts. They were not deep, one maybe 6 inches in the wet sand and rocks, but the signal was a constant 14 on the 7.4 gram and a solid 6 one the 1.4 gram.
Thank you for weighing in.

Large Coil

I have the Detech 15x12 SEF coil up for grabs. Great coil for depth. It will get you deeper. Not sure how efficient you are with the Etrac. If you havent already look up Cutaplug videos. He will walk you through how the Etrac reacts to a DEEP coin target. It takes some practice but once you understand how Etrac is on deep coins, its like magic. Them targets are the ones that some hunters pass on!
Jer

dumdigger, thanks for responding. I have the Detech SEF coil on my short list, and if I decide on that's the one, I will definitely contact you. What are you asking for it? I'm going to watch Cutaplug right now.
Thanks again.

Hard

I like the Detech Ultimate 13. I don't know if it goes deeper or not, but it does cover more ground. I spend alot of time hunting fields and clean hunted out parks, so this is an advantage over the stock coil.

I've dug a ton of silvers out of "hunted out" parks with it. Would I have dug those silvers with the stock coil, I don't know. I'm too lazy to do that comparison.

Thanks for responding. It's so hard to deside on which one, but am grateful you weighted in. The Ultimate 13 is what I am leaning towards so far.
Thanks again.

Even though I stopped using my Etrac and went back to the Explorer 2, I was able to get at least 1.5-2” of depth over the stock pro coil using the Detech 10x12. I see a few on feeBay.

OK amc rulz, the Detech 10x12 is now on my research list. One and a half to two inches is nothing to sneeze at.
Thanks for the info.

I own most Detech coils for the Etrac and I get best results with the 10x12 SEF. It gets deep and IMPO it separates better than the U13. I don't figure that a bigger coil than the U13, will get much more depth. I have read that the limit before diminished returns, hits around 12-13. jm2c

I own most Detech coils for the Etrac and I get best results with the 10x12 SEF. It gets deep and IMPO it separates better than the U13. I don't figure that a bigger coil than the U13, will get much more depth. I have read that the limit before diminished returns, hits around 12-13. jm2c

10x12 SEF, mmmmmmm I like what your saying. Now leaning towards the 10x12 SEF. Thank you for IMPO. Sounds like you own the E-Trac and have all the coils and prefer the 10x12, well IMPO, I think I will take your advise.
Thank you for helping me to decide.

dumdigger, thanks for responding. I have the Detech SEF coil on my short list, and if I decide on that's the one, I will definitely contact you. What are you asking for it? I'm going to watch Cutaplug right now.
Thanks again.

Im letting the 15x12 SEF go for $100.
Do your homework. Get back to me if your interested!
I have had all the SEF coils and have my own opinions.
Jer

Back
Top Bottom