• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Guest Dig gets me a couple of Turn Of Century medicine bottles

GLASSHOPPER1955

Elite Member
Was invited on a dig in NW Indiana and dug a couple of trash pits. In the split, I got a few corkers and it was nice to see some old friends again.

Nothing at all unusual/rare but more for the shelf.

Attachments

• SS858081.jpg
    SS858081.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 900
  • SS858082.jpg
    SS858082.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 866
  • SS858083.jpg
    SS858083.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 880
  • SS858084.jpg
    SS858084.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 863
Last edited:
Love those local medicines. When I was 15 or so, I had a nice collection but the weight of the glass caused 5 shelves to come crashing down one day. I lost probably 80% or about 50 nice 1880-1900 cork tops and also a few half gallon blob top beers.

Love those local medicines. When I was 15 or so, I had a nice collection but the weight of the glass caused 5 shelves to come crashing down one day. I lost probably 80% or about 50 nice 1880-1900 cork tops and also a few half gallon blob top beers.

That hurts just reading about it!

Somebody I knew long ago had a c1905 amber coke with partial label get destroyed when a shelf failed. I still think about that one.:no:

I wonder if the shelves were screwed into the wall stud? Those anchor things they make for drywall are worthless. We had one of those collapse but it was above the washer/dryer and the laundry stuff wasn't hurt.

I wonder if the shelves were screwed into the wall stud? Those anchor things they make for drywall are worthless. We had one of those collapse but it was above the washer/dryer and the laundry stuff wasn't hurt.

No, Penny, it was that cheap metal shelving people all had back when, he accidently knocked the bottle off. And yes, I would never trust anything heavy with those drywall inserts. Into the stud is the only way to go with wall shelves.

Nice bottles.

Thanks!

Those are really eye-catching bottles Glasshopper! Congrats on a great hunt

Cool bottles, Glasshopper... sound like a fun digging day.

Those are really eye-catching bottles Glasshopper! Congrats on a great hunt

Amazing recoveries considering! Congrats on the fun dig :)

Thanks, everyone!
I wish I could get into the old stuff more often in MY area, but it doesn't seem to happen as much anymore. These guest digs are nice because we get to *plunder*, er, dig in a new place. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom