The Power of Positive Thinking

ScaredOfClowns

Elite Member
This morning I went for a hunt at one of my spots in the woods, and for some reason I just knew from the start that I was going to find something cool.

I wasn't disappointed: I found two old coppers: a nice Draped Bust large cent, and a second old copper that I can't identify.

This is the fourth Draped I've dug up in this location, and this one has better details than the others I've found. I'm planning to give it a soak in olive oil and see if I can possibly raise a date.

Try as I might, I can't really make out any identifying marks on the second copper. It's about the same diameter as the the Draped LC, but it's considerably thinner, which makes me *kinda* think it might be a British penny (I recently found a KGIII halfpenny nearby).

I don't know if I'll get another hunt in before the month is over, but this is definitely a nice way to finish out the year.

Thanks for looking - HH and Happy New Year to everyone!

Attachments

• Draped Both Sides - Small.jpg
    Draped Both Sides - Small.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 435
  • Unknown Copper Both Sides - Small.jpg
    Unknown Copper Both Sides - Small.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 428
  • Both Coins - Small.jpg
    Both Coins - Small.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 430
  • Draped In the Hole - Small.jpg
    Draped In the Hole - Small.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 430
  • Copper In the Hole - Small.jpg
    Copper In the Hole - Small.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 428
Positive thinking??? How is this. Every time I see your username I crack up.

I positively think its hilarious.

Now back to your post, those are wonderful large cents. Hope you can get a date!

Nice large cents!...I wish we had them down here in South Texas...all we got is Reales and Indian heads. AT Pro is a good machine...keep at it!
Charles

Back
Top Bottom