Good ending for 2014

SteveW-MT

This has been my first year to metal detect & it's killing me that winter has finally shut me down . I had thought my last hunt was Nov 23rd when that huge storm that blanketed the country shut me down . Bummer was I was hunting a "new" park mainly to run my clad count up to 600 coins for the year . The surprise was when I pulled a 1918 Merc out of the grass ...:shock:
I did NOT expect to find any old coins there . I also ended up with a '39 Jefferson nickle & a '59 memorial penny . :yes: .. & blew by 600 coins that day . I wanted to go back BAD then . Amazingly by Dec 12th the snow had melted off & you guessed it ... BACK ! New goal .. 700 coins & hopefully more oldies . Hunted until we couldn't see & came 12 coins short of 700 . :no: But I dug this beauty :
picture_104g.jpg

It says .925 ITALY on the clasp . It was broke & I'm hoping to find more of it in the Spring . I also dug a 1958 wheatie .
picture_106a.jpg

So been climbing the walls wanting to hunt again but more snow & cold but Sunday ...;) ... it was "warming " up some & tho 90% of the park was snow covered some spots were clear . All I wanted was 12 more coins .... & anything else the grass wanted to give up . :grin: Some of the clear ground was froze & the wind was HOWLING but found my 12 coins in about 1.5 hours . About froze but I made my goal plus a few . 706 coins for the year ... whoo hoo ! A whopping $35.26 but priceless fun . I'm hoping this weekend to sneak in another hunt but more snow & cold is forecast & really ... it's almost the end of Dec. in Montana & I'm amazed I was able to get in the extra hunts I did ... but dang I miss it ! :( I do envy all you who get to hunt year 'round . Ya all have a very merry Christmas . :grin:

This has been my first year to metal detect & it's killing me that winter has finally shut me down . I had thought my last hunt was Nov 23rd when that huge storm that blanketed the country shut me down . Bummer was I was hunting a "new" park mainly to run my clad count up to 600 coins for the year . The surprise was when I pulled a 1918 Merc out of the grass ...:shock:
I did NOT expect to find any old coins there . I also ended up with a '39 Jefferson nickle & a '59 memorial penny . :yes: .. & blew by 600 coins that day . I wanted to go back BAD then . Amazingly by Dec 12th the snow had melted off & you guessed it ... BACK ! New goal .. 700 coins & hopefully more oldies . Hunted until we couldn't see & came 12 coins short of 700 . :no: But I dug this beauty :
picture_104g.jpg

It says .925 ITALY on the clasp . It was broke & I'm hoping to find more of it in the Spring . I also dug a 1958 wheatie .
picture_106a.jpg

So been climbing the walls wanting to hunt again but more snow & cold but Sunday ...;) ... it was "warming " up some & tho 90% of the park was snow covered some spots were clear . All I wanted was 12 more coins .... & anything else the grass wanted to give up . :grin: Some of the clear ground was froze & the wind was HOWLING but found my 12 coins in about 1.5 hours . About froze but I made my goal plus a few . 706 coins for the year ... whoo hoo ! A whopping $35.26 but priceless fun . I'm hoping this weekend to sneak in another hunt but more snow & cold is forecast & really ... it's almost the end of Dec. in Montana & I'm amazed I was able to get in the extra hunts I did ... but dang I miss it ! :( I do envy all you who get to hunt year 'round . Ya all have a very merry Christmas . :grin:
Congratulations! Am just starting and based in Helena, Montana. Wish the cold and snow will end but at least time to learn my detector and scout out sites to explore. Might travel to desert in Nevada and Utah to get some practice. Thanks for posts and Happy New Year! Bob

You did very well and next year you going to blow this years goals away. The Silver bling is a really nice piece. Congrats on a fine year and best wishes for 2015. Jack

Back
Top Bottom