Lending a helping hand

bugguy

Elite Member
This week, do to the nature of my job i was able to meet some very nice people here in NH. i was board so i hooked up with another tech from my area to help her out. we came up to this old house which was seeing carpenter ants. a nice older women answered the door. she explained her hubby was seeing ants in the living room. so to help out my fellow tech i went around the corner to the ajasont room as i peeked around a wonderful thing came into sight ! A metal detector !!!! yes some who shares my interests. i started talking to the husband and wife and for an hour we talked about finds. they hadnt found much of coins but she showed me almost in a way of saying " i know i know it isnt much
". they had a few nice finds a seated lib dime, a v nickle a merc and the one that caught my eye an 1893 barber quater. As i started to say what nice finds they had they told me they had no idea of what the worth was of any of these items. this barber quater looked as if it just came out of a mint"no joke" it was wonderful to see such a nice coin. as i said they had no idea of what they had found. i worte down all the coind denominations and dates and what i figured the grade ould be and told them i would call them with an about selling price of these coins. the coins all except for the quater were worth maybe a couple of bucks apeice. when i got to the last coin the barber quater i was shocked and happy to see it was worth quite abit in its almost perfect condition. i called them and had to leave a message since they had gone out for the evening but im sure they were happy to hear there coin was worth in the range of 200 to 400 dollars i also hope to see them here on the forum soon. as i told them about all of you and how great this forum is. just glad i could lend a helpping hand in some way to a fellow MDer.

Back
Top Bottom