Lost ring in CA

imissmyring

Hi, the circumstances around my lost ring are so baffling that I thought posting here might be worth a shot.

Around Dec 21st, I lost my engagement ring in my *one room cottage* close to the American River in Fair Oaks CA. It was dark in the cottage when I took the ring off, and it must have bounced from surface to surface or just been swept away unbeknownst to us while we were looking for it. Because we were in the middle of moving, we were able to inspect everything before we packed it -- looking for the ring. We inspected the trash, Craigslist furniture sales, under all the appliances, molding, everywhere everywhere everywhere.

To make a long story short, as we combed through all of our things, we left the house numerous times. I have this theory/feeling that the ring must have gotten stuck to my clothing and been tracked out of the house. The same day I lost the ring, I traveled all the way from Fair Oaks to Hwy 1 for a photography project. I double-backed between the 4 or 5 turnouts just before Stinson Beach on Highway 1 (if you're driving there from SF), the ones that are skirting the hillsides dramatically so that you can see Stinson Beach from above, and the ones prior to that, where you are at an overlook towards the ocean. It was stormy that day, and I also traveled to Mesa Road (Pt Reyes Nat'l Seashore) to the parking lot closest to the road at Commonweal and walked through the grounds to the bluffs, and the main road to the Bird Sanctuary and trailhead parking lot where the road dead ends. I was hopping in and out of the car, and have this sinking feeling that while I was grabbing scarves, jackets, etc --- all of which were on the floor of my apartment when the ring went missing -- that the ring may have been "stuck" to me somehow, and then became dislodged and dropped somewhere...in the storm.

Anyway, I have since moved from California so I can't go back and revisit those places on my own. We also traveled to various places along Sunrise Blvd in Fair Oaks...it could have made its way into the car, then exited somehow. Now I've personified it :) I called around those businesses, like the oil change place, and posted on Craigslist, to no avail. In the meantime I filed a police report, hoping the ring would turn up someday in my absence. Then, assuming it could have been in the car and somehow made its way out, we drove the car cross-country on the southern route :)

After moving to Indiana, I unpacked everything and checked again. I have no idea where the ring has been lost, and I'm just a bit heartbroken...bordering entirely heartbroken. My landlord lived on a sizeable piece of land in Fair Oaks, so possibly the ring could have fallen somewhere between our car and the guesthouse, and may be in the ground over there. Who knows. Just to close my "ring lost somewhere on Hwy 1" theory, I thought it was worth posting here, just in case a hobbyist is hanging out around any of the aforementioned areas and comes across it.

It was a vintage diamond ring, white gold -- my engagement ring. My husband and I drove up to Nevada City to find it the day after he proposed adorably on impulse without a ring. My daughter adored it, too, and was the first to notice that it wasn't on my finger the next day. I didn't tell her it was lost, partly out of my own denial. Anyway, I hope it turns up someday -- in the least this post makes me feel a little better, like I'm trying my best to find it and getting the word out the best I can -- Thanks so much!

Attachments

• ring_samina.jpg
    ring_samina.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 629
That is a sad sad story. I'm so sorry you lost your ring. :tissue:

Thanks for sharing with us.

thats a real shame,,,,sorry for your loss,,,,,beautiful ring,,,I hope someone finds it and returns it,,,,I have returned many rings and is a real pleasure,,,

Im in citrus hieghts on sunrise I can help try to help you find your ring

Hi , i just read your post and i live in the same area that you lost your ring, message me and i would love to help you get your ring back, i have found alot of rings in the past couple of years but have not had the opportunity to help some one get their ring back, and that is kind of a badge of honor in the metal detecting community. so i would love to help.

I was just checking the status of my lost ring on lostmystuff and noticed that a lost engagement ring In fair oaks California was found by owner on the 01/23. I do hope it was this ladies ring that was found.

Back
Top Bottom