My lost class ring returned

kireta

Forum Supporter
Many times we return lost items to their grateful owners, but rarely do we get lost items returned our way. I just received a phone call from an elderly woman who was having the floors remodeled in her house.Turns out this was the family home of where I grew up with my grandmother.They found my long lost class ring while removing the old flooring and found me through the initials engraved on the ring. Im leaving now to go and get my ring.The feeling I got from this call was worth way more than the ring.I now know just how good it feels for an owner to be re united with an item from their past and all the memories that are associated with it.I hope I can do this for somebody someday.:yes:

that is the circle of life...what comes around goes around! you have been given your ring back for returning others. pay it forward!

So thats great. Do you remember how you could have lost it in the flooring? I'm sure your mind is wandering how it could have got there.

There was a large remodel done in the eighties on my grandmothers house and I believe it may have got dropped and never noticed as I was always talking to the workers.My wife asked if she should put angora around it and wear it as she never got the chance.:laughing:

Wow, I can't imagine how you must feel right now! That is a sweet telephone call to get!!! And....you probably thought it was a telemarketer calling!!!

Nice. Don't forget to reward her. If she won't accept, send her a gift like food, flowers, or something engraved.

Nice. Don't forget to reward her. If she won't accept, send her a gift like food, flowers, or something engraved.

In my haste and excitement I thanked her but didnt offer nothing.I will stop by and see if I cant cut the grass or help her out some other way.:yes:

In my haste and excitement I thanked her but didnt offer nothing.I will stop by and see if I cant cut the grass or help her out some other way.:yes:

As she is an elderly woman that would likely be a nice offer. Also, many elderly are lonely and just stopping by cutting the grass, shoveling a walk and a little conversation might be the best reward you could offer. Maybe even take her out to dinner with your family.

There was a large remodel done in the eighties on my grandmothers house and I believe it may have got dropped and never noticed as I was always talking to the workers.My wife asked if she should put angora around it and wear it as she never got the chance.:laughing:

I forgot all about the angora thing. I remember all the girls combing it out all fuzzy. Thanks for the memory!:laughing:

Cool Story

My Class ring was stolen in the hospital at Ft Carson in 73, I would love to have it back. Its was probably sold and melted down 30 years or more ago. They were more a status thing in the early 70s, like Bass penny loafers and Brooks Brothers shirts. If you didn't have the most expensive model they sold, you were underprivileged. It's great you got yours back......
.Good Luck and Happy Hunting.......:biker: :signals: :digginahole: :biker:

Back
Top Bottom