• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Small arrow head

Jim Bob

Elite Member
Sage asked for a size comparison so here it is next to a quarter. This fresh water lake is in south Georgia. I have found several pieces of white flint while detecting in the water around here.

Attachments

• IMG_5217.jpg
    IMG_5217.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 298
Nice little point. Don’t see too many white ones. Will display nicely despite slight damage.

Nice little point. Don’t see too many white ones. Will display nicely despite slight damage.

The white ones I've found around here, which I assume are milky quartz, apparently date to some time period I think is called "woodlands archaic".

-- Tom

Or farm had a field where we found a lot of arrowheads, Mostly scrapers and chips from making them. Most were small bird points but my sister found a spear point. I don't know what she did with it because she just didn't want me to have it. I also once found a piece of sandstone with a groove in it for shaping arrow shafts. The odd part was there were no rocks of any kind on our farm. The flint had to have come from the flint hills about forty miles to the east.

Nice find. I just wish the silver coins were as plentiful as the arrowheads are where I live. I bet I have well over a 1,000 points. I was serious into hunting them for about 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom