Coronavirrus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in the UK it is likely that things will very quickly get worse, before slowly
improving. Isolation is the only way to contain this virus. Eventually they will
come up with an effective vaccine, but that could be a while yet.

Hope you and your are well and staying healthy Alan!

I agree about a vaccine, but it will be similar to flu vaccines in that it will have to be modified each season as the virus adapts and changes.

Beest,

Your post was deleted by one of our moderators because it contained unnecessary information about the effects the shutdown had on sex workers in the Netherlands.

Now, I know such work it is legal in your country, but we are family oriented and have many minors who come to the forum.

Noop. That was just one. And because people asked for it! I was onlyanswering politely.
Another good reactions was also deleted (and if i'm right even some more).
If equivalent treatment would be handled much more reactions could be deleted, but aren't. Why i feel not treathed equivalent.
Perhaps some things to think about in the future?

But as i said, it is closed for me. Deleted, fine. I accepted it. :thumbsup: :cheers:
This virus thread is to serious to discus something stupid as this would be.

Back2subject, i see in the news overhere a doubling of deaths in 2 days in the US?
We here had a doubling in 3 days. And now doubling is gone, being at the contamination factor 1 (below is withdraw). We are now (5 weeks later) waiting for the breaking point right at this moment, which looks to be comming. Hoping hard!

Goes hard overthere. :( I feel sorry for you.
Beware! Keep good distance! Don't shake hands and stay reluctant in practical social contacts. Protect the sick and elderly!
Seems to be working overhere.

UK equivalent of the north/south interstate at 2pm today.

We are still allowed and encouraged to 'exercise' just once a day but only with those who live under the same roof.

"The UK is facing a "significant period" of strict measures to cope with the coronavirus outbreak, Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove has said."

Last edited:
Polio is a virus.

Before 1979 is a different can of worms.. but it's safe to say the only cases of polio were from the "cure".
There are solutions for a virus... but I'm not going to talk about it on here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200330-075924_Adblock Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20200330-075924_Adblock Browser.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 174
  • Screenshot_20200330-075957_Adblock Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20200330-075957_Adblock Browser.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot_20200330-080049_Adblock Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20200330-080049_Adblock Browser.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 165
I had to hit the grocery store again today. I didn't want to go but we needed some staples. On the walk to the door I was debating whether or not I should check the coin star. Have you seen some of the people who check coin stars? It's a germmy looking group on a good day, let alone during a pandemic. I couldn't decide if the possibility of a silver dime is worth the risk of death. I devised a plan to use the cart sani-wipe to check the tray and hoped the hand sanitizer I just gooped on in the car would still have some protection. Didn't matter. There was an official government notice on it that all vending machines are shut down.
The store wasn't very crowded, I was able to get in and out without anyone getting too close. The cashier has a salad bar sneeze guard to hide behind.

This is not going to end any time soon, like many months away. Get used to staying home and ordering groceries online because this is not getting better any time soon.

This is not going to end any time soon, like many months away. Get used to staying home and ordering groceries online because this is not getting better any time soon.
Not real worried here, and not going to stop living just because of some invisible boogey man. If I want to keep my job/livelihood of 25 years and support my family I have no choice.

Global pandemic sickening and killing thousands
Disrupting the lives of millions world wide
Tanking global stock markets

Amc Rulz

...”invisible boogey man.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People are unnecessarily going out into public, if my job wasn't essential, you bet your bottom dollar I'd be at home. The parks and walking paths in my area have been LOADED with people recently. Unnecessary public trips are one of many reasons the virus is spreading so quickly. There are MANY businesses still running that shouldn't be, and until people learn how to follow simple directions, it's only going to get worse... it's a very SIMPLE request... STAY HOME! There's unemployment benefits for those who think they "have" to go to work, and I believe the bill that trump signed Friday is going to make unemployment benefits alot higher.

This is just wave #1. How many deep dark corners of the world is there a case or 2, or mutation, waiting to start wave 2/3/4.. and when? 2021? 2022? September ?

I don't think many people realize what's happening.
But DOW up 1,000 points on a Sunday night so thinks are looking up. :?::?:

Last edited:
I read a few responses to what somebody wrote. I still can't believe some people's response to it.
People have to do what they have to do and not what YOU want them to do. If you don't like what they have to do, Please send them money that would help make them staying home possible.

I hope nobody here on this list and their families get it and I hope all make choices that are correct for them and their family and not judge others for what they have to do.

We will get thru this.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Y are you being such a <Deleted> about this.Hope you don't get it cause I'm going to have a field day with it.:yes::yes:

Thanks Rudy. I'm deleting mine. Just want to get away from being too negative.

Last edited:
I read a few responses to what somebody wrote. I still can't believe some people's response to it.
People have to do what they have to do and not what YOU want them to do. If you don't like what they have to do, Please send them money that would help make them staying home possible.

I hope nobody here on this list and their families get it and I hope all make choices that are correct for them and their family and not judge others for what they have to do.

We will get thru this.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Our local news (Boston) has been showing mobs of people in the parks, walking paths etc... I don't judge anyone for having to make a living and I'm very thankful to those who are deemed essential and put themselves in harms way so we can get groceries, bank, gas and so on. It's what people DON'T have to do they are being judged on. This thing hits the elderly VERY hard, Don't any of you have grandparents? Elderly parents or friends? We once asked their generation to save the world.... They are only asking us to stay indoors. Pretty damned selfish if you ask me!

Y are you being such a <Deleted> about this.Hope you don't get it cause I'm going to have a field day with it.:yes::yes:

Relax. :cool3:

We also had such people overhere some weeks ago.
Everybody has grandparents and weak people among there relatives. And for COVID-19 mild asthma is 'weak' enough to end up at Intencive Care or worse.
When it comes close (and it will! no escape!) such people shut up very quickly.

Keep social distance! DO IT! I beg you all!
It still seems to be working in my province, the covid-19 fireplace erea of my country. New infections seem to drop overhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave shared this he saw from the Philippines, he said "Have to get a pass to leave your house , 1 person at a time to get food and medicine"
COVID_Philippines_store_pass.jpg

UK equivalent of the north/south interstate at 2pm today.

We are still allowed and encouraged to 'exercise' just once a day but only with those who live under the same roof.

"The UK is facing a "significant period" of strict measures to cope with the coronavirus outbreak, Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove has said."

I trust that you and yours are OK Doug ?
I was watching a YouTube video by Tony Northrop, who was showing how
photojournalists are making some situations look worse. By shooting at
certain angles, and using telephoto lenses to make it look as though people
are closer together than they actually are, and that supermarket shelves
are emptier than they are. By photographing people at Costco with giant
pack of toilet rolls, but not saying that at places like that, they all come in
large packs.

Dave shared this he saw from the Philippines, he said "Have to get a pass to leave your house , 1 person at a time to get food and medicine"
View attachment 461865

Actually, France has been doing that for the last couple of weeks. People on the street have to have a filled out document stating where they are going and must present it to the police when asked.

U.S.. Is definitely getting hit hard, but our death rate is lower than Italy but our numbers of testing posative seem higher?

Attachments

• 200w (7).jpg
    200w (7).jpg
    9 KB · Views: 216
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom