Dan's Public Service Announcement

dan

Elite Member
It is suggested that anyone traveling in the current icy conditions should make sure they have the following:

Shovel
Blankets or sleeping bag
Extra clothing including hat and gloves
24 hours worth of food
De-Icer
Rock Salt
Flashlight with spare batteries
Road Flares or Reflective Triangles
Gas Can
First Aid Kit
Booster cables

I looked like an idiot on the bus this morning!

Good advice Dan. I carry those supplies in my front pocket every day. You just never know when you'll be catapulted from the deep south in to Antarctica. :D

Yup, the Air Force used to tell us what to carry in our vehicles in Montana......#1 was a empty coffee can with a couple of candles and matches. It was supposed to keep you from freezing to death. Thank goodness I never had to test that idea.....

Dusty

Yup, the Air Force used to tell us what to carry in our vehicles in Montana......#1 was a empty coffee can with a couple of candles and matches. It was supposed to keep you from freezing to death. Thank goodness I never had to test that idea.....

Dusty

Sounds like an old Charlie Chaplin movie there, Dusty!

ya with cell phones, and smart devices it might be a little less needed, unless your a remote part of the country.

but its always good to be somewhat prepared

The whole point was that it was a joke, so the longer the list, the funnier it is when you think about taking all that stuff on a bus!

All that stuff and don't forget this...

hatearflaps.jpg

Dusty

I took a wilderness survival course in college that used some old military survival films as aids.

One said if you are in your tiny raft, and sharks come up to close, wait till they are almost next to you and stick your head into the water and scream.

Supposed to scare them away.....but I don't think so.

Ahh, the military life!

I took a wilderness survival course in college that used some old military survival films as aids.

One said if you are in your tiny raft, and sharks come up to close, wait till they are almost next to you and stick your head into the water and scream.

Supposed to scare them away.....but I don't think so.

Ahh, the military life!

I don't think that would scare them if their dinner was screaming......:lol:

Back
Top Bottom