If you live in VA raise your hand.

I'm thinking not many people do.

Thanks for replying. How's the MDing in NVA.

I'm in Hanover where it's difficult unless you get permission on private property.
And maybe schools.... I asked a Sherrif if he would arrest me for MDing on school property. Lol he looked up something's in his laptop and said as long as its not after dark there is no law against it so no he would not.

Parks are a NO can do and tot lots NO and tons of civil war protected sites ..etc

Last edited:
I moved from that State where they over tax, over control, over restrict. I was liberated last February and moved to Florida. I lived in VB for 45 years. The traffic is terrible every single day on the interstate especially the Hampton Tunnel. They restrict where you can fish, you can't use a frisbee or football on the beach. You can not buy a pizza at a beach window after 11pm. Come on. Even Jimmy Buffet said he would never play there again due to the cops raiding the tail gate guys outside the Amphitheater who were peaceful and nobody complained.

That beach and your state is not a person friendly state. Fishing bridges are closed, fun swim holes are fenced. You can not use a sled in the snow on the only hill in the city! Mount Trashmore has been off limits to boats in the lake and sledders for 30 years. Restrictions are what Virginia is all about, not Lovers.

Women can not wear a thong bikini on the beach. Cussing is against the law and there are signs warning you on every corner. They have a camera system to find criminals that cost millions but has NEVER caught one criminal. Ever. On every corner there are cops on horses, cops on bikes, cops on 4 wheelers, cops on boats, cops on helicopters and cops on foot AND cameras that have never caught one criminal. One thing is to feel safe but then another feeling is to be watched constantly. You can keep that damn state. Maybe every one moved away? Maybe that is why nobody is posting? I feel sorry for you guys. There is none of that stupid stuff here. Wonder why you pay so much in tax?

Well I hope your happy now imalooking,and stay out :lol:.
To answer the Simple question I'm from Augusta county near Staunton and Waynesboro.

Oh come on imalookin .. Tell us how you really feel. Lol

"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?
And the sign said anybody caught trespassin' would be shot on sight
So I jumped on the fence and-a yelled at the house, "Hey! What gives you the right"

Most Battlefield areas are private farms now, I have hunted some but they have been hit pretty hard, still find bullets etc. City parks are open in 1 place and open with permit in another, smaller town parks are open. Most land owners I have asked have been people that I know or have mutual friends with them or know their family, that helps a lot.

Done any water hunting with the at pro.?

Seems like water may not have been hunted as hard.

I haven't gone water hunting yet but seems logical. Or I could be fooling myself. Lol

Last edited:
I have not yet but I'm going to give it a try. 2 of the local battlefields are at rivers and 1 the union actually chased the confederates across the river, should be something in the river.

I have been considering trying to detect in the Rappahannock river but most of the shallower areas are near roads and are hevily populated with people floating, kayaking, or swimming. I know that means some pretty good finds but I believe the laws would be the same for the river as it is on land. I need to do some more checking or find an out of the way part of the river to detect.

I have been considering trying to detect in the Rappahannock river but most of the shallower areas are near roads and are hevily populated with people floating, kayaking, or swimming. I know that means some pretty good finds but I believe the laws would be the same for the river as it is on land. I need to do some more checking or find an out of the way part of the river to detect.

You need to apply for a permit to search the rivers, I have started the process it's a $25 dollar fee to get the permit but you can renew it annually and not have to pay the fee but 1 time. Talk to The Wolf he has all the details on the permits.

You need to apply for a permit to search the rivers, I have started the process it's a $25 dollar fee to get the permit but you can renew it annually and not have to pay the fee but 1 time. Talk to The Wolf he has all the details on the permits.

Thanks Mark! I will have to look into the permit.

Just south of Alexandria here

I have been water hunting the last few days with my ATPro. Small creek behind the house. Its work, but much cooler during the these summer days. I will look into the permit, sounds like a good idea! If anyone wants to get out in NOVA let me know.

Troy

Back
Top Bottom