Silver Quarter spill, Silver dimes, wheats & more!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
I've made a few trips up to Missoula in between rainy days. This last Friday I did a short solo trip, and snagged the 3 Mercury Dimes, along with a Buffalo Nickel and some wheat pennies and modern clad.

On Sunday afternoon, I headed up with a friend from town (he uses the AT Max) and we got the OK at a couple of 1920's homes, along with the adjacent curb strips. A good day for me, I pulled a Silver GW and Merc Dime from a stretch of curb strip, and a Silver Rosie and Merc Dime from one of the yards. A newer permission gave up the Sterling & Turquoise small ring. A permission at a ca 1930 home gave up the odd 1937 dated metal thing, perhaps a calendar of sorts - any help appreciated!

Today, Wednesday, I had to make a run to Wally World in Missoula to pick up a few items, and had just enough extra time to find, get the ok, and detect one yard. Am grateful that it proved to be a good yard! It was a large corner lot with the home built in the 1940's. The first signal was a 1940's wheat penny, followed by another signal with 2 wheaties. The next signal was a spill with a 1952 Canadian penny, 3 wheaties, and a Silver Rosie! I was getting a bit excited as it was a great start to the yard and I hoped for more good finds. Near the front street sidewalk I found the Silver WW2 Nickel, along with more wheat pennies. The sidewalk to the home front door produced a Silver Washington Quarter spill, two of them, a rare find for me to find more than one quarter at a time! The 86-87 signal sounded just like a shallow clad quarter on my AT Pro, so I was surprised and pleased to pull a pair of silvers out! Also found a couple of junker rings in the front of the home.

While I usually don't ask to detect the back yard of homes, out of privacy respect for the homeowner, this time I was invited to check the back yard, and I pulled more wheat pennies and another Silver Rosie.

All in all, a nice group of hunts, thank you for your interest!

Attachments

• coins1.jpg
    coins1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 582
  • coins2.jpg
    coins2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:
That post is pure eye candy. Great write up and pictures. Thanks for posting!

I think that 1937 piece is a decoder wheel of sorts 26 numbers, same as letters in the alphabet?

That post is pure eye candy. Great write up and pictures. Thanks for posting!

I think that 1937 piece is a decoder wheel of sorts 26 numbers, same as letters in the alphabet?

Thank you Stiffwrists! And much thanks on ID'ing that 1937 metal thing-a-ma- jig! With the 26 holes a "decoder" makes perfect sense!

Great hunts.
What is the badge thing with the 26 holes?
A decoder?

Thank you waltr! I think you are correct too, with the decoder idea!

1937 Radio Orphan Annie decoder pinback. You are now part of the secret society! LOL Congrats on the awesome finds! Very nice pictures! HH and good luck!

Really good turn out there! I found one of those 1937 things as well about a week ago but mine is missing the circle part on the front. Keep up the good digging!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1937 Radio Orphan Annie decoder pinback. You are now part of the secret society! LOL Congrats on the awesome finds! Very nice pictures! HH and good luck!

Thank you Richey, I sure appreciate the ID and don't tell anyone I am now part of the secret society!

A great batch of awesome finds !

Thank you Pumptech!

You are seriously racking up the finds! Congrats....this COVID is not holding you back :yes:

Thanks Paul! Yep, some good hunts, and the Covid thing is pretty much a nothingburger in Montana, thankfully! UV & Sunshine along with plenty of space and fresh air makes detecting one of the safest things to do here!

Really good turn out there! I found one of those 1937 things as well about a week ago but mine is missing the circle part on the front. Keep up the good digging!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thank you TundraPlugger! Neat that you found a similar item!

Raking in the silver!:shock:

Thank you Metal!

Thanks for ID.

That is a neat find.

I agree, a neat find and glad to have the solid ID on what it is!

Back
Top Bottom