More info and State newspaper article on B17 crash site!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Cause of ’43 crash revisited
By Noel E. Oman

A campaign to restore a monument marking the crash of a World War II bomber nearly 70 years ago in Grant County also has rejuvenated efforts to take another look at the cause of the crash that took the life of the nine young airmen.

The pic is from the newspaper article showing Randy Bush and Nelson Mears examining some of the artifacts within the Grant County Museum. These are earlier relics recovered before my recent hunt of the site. KT is presently cleaning the newly recovered relics and will post images of them in the Forum in this section before they are returned to the VFW chapter of Sheridan.

Attachments

• newspaper article.jpg
    newspaper article.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 176
We had a fueling jet crash in a neighborhood here in Wichita back in the 60's. We finally have a memorial park for the victims, both on the plane and on the ground.

I don't get? So they built a playground on top of a WWII crash site? Or is the King expanding his territory?

We had a fueling jet crash in a neighborhood here in Wichita back in the 60's. We finally have a memorial park for the victims, both on the plane and on the ground.

I had just joined the Kansas National Guard the month before. I had to stand guard duty at the crash site and about froze to death because I hadn't been issued my cold weather gear yet.

Back
Top Bottom