Used metal detector to find my finds

gilford

Thought I would share the story of my first finds. A few weeks ago I was finally able to try out my first metal detector. I went out in my yard, which is a 100+ year old farmstead, and to my surprise quickly had some nice finds including a silver plated spoon, a wire basket of some sort, a .38 bullet casing, a kitchen platter, and a few other small objects. I put them in a bucket of water over night to loosen the caked on dirt. The next day I went to get the stuff out of the bucket, and it was empty. I saw the spoon, platter and some of the other larger finds, but the others were gone. I ask my wife, and she said she needed the bucket, so she took out my stuff and pitched the water across the lawn. She obviously didn't find the smaller stuff when she reached in the water. I tried to find the missing items by eye, but had no luck. Within a minute, I had located all the items, again, using the metal detector. I guess I will have to be more careful in the future where I put my finds. - Gilford

Back
Top Bottom