One more Button

simonthesearcher

Forum Supporter
Found this button today,think its a livery button.From the backmark,which says Firmans of London Strand it tells me its from around 1825.I dont know what the lettering stands for,cant find any referance on it.

Attachments

• button 1825.jpg
    button 1825.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 142
hi si
good old buttons :grin: i,v been finding alot lately totalmix match a few i,v sussed cus of there regiment numbers but got some with wasps or bees on,1 today with bunches of grapes, dragon type things n alaberet patterns been on the net for more than an hour now trying to find some clues well tough google is a bit of a mare with all its relative stuff to any word subject,still buttons are great fun to find wheres theres buttons theres coins :yes:

hi man hows tricks
i,m realy well, back in alps now starting to find some realy productive sites
got to get my self a camera so can share my finds with you all
its been pissin down last few weeks since i,v been away so ground is lush
bet its better with you now too :grin:
once i suss my area out good, i,v been thinkin would be a cool plan to invite a few people over here for some alltitude detecting as i live in a ski resort most of the accomadation is empty so cheap as in the summers,
hows that old celtic coin of yours doing lucky bugga :yes:

Man you wont beleive what i was offered for that coin.Its safely put away.I am sick to death of the thing for the time being as i am still bombarded with emails every day asking to sell.Its up for the find of the year ,results will only be out towards the end of the year but there a article about it in next months Searcher magazine so i suppose the emails will flood in again

the glory of glory :lol:lucky you didn,t find a whole tree trunk of them heh heh

Great find Simon! Just love the pics of your digs...thanks! HH, Hank :grin:

I would think it is MXT,not sure if i got it upside down.It could be MF ME ,I know what MF stands for but im not sure if that saying was around back in the 1800,s

Back
Top Bottom