Pistol lost, then found. Woo-Hoo!

wolf-n-wa

Forum Supporter
On July 21-2013, while doing some exploring of a creek/waterfall in the Carbonado river area, I realized that I had lost my Glock-26. The following day I filed a lost item report on the Lostmystuff homepage. Thursday 7-25 I was called by Al, member of FMDF, Lostmystuff group, and a good friend. We made arrangements to meet Saturday July 27 in Tacoma to go looking for the pistol. Steve, another FMDF member, friend, and detectorist also came along for the search. We spent @ 1-1/2 hours looking for the pistol at the waterfall, in the creek, and downhill of the path to no avail. The pistol was finally found on the uphill side of the trail. Only thing I can figure out is a tree branch got ahold of the pistol and slung it up the hill. I WAS and am STILL excited that the gun has been found. And am fortunate to have had the help from such good friends and members of FMDF and the Lostmystuff group to help locate the gun. Huge thanks to Al, Steve, and FMDF for friends I've made here. WOLF

In pic L to R; GOLDisGOOD (steve) Wolf-N-Wa (Me) and Allan 180 (Al) Pistol I am holding is the one that was lost. :D

Attachments

• gun found.jpg
    gun found.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 669
Congrats on finding your gun again. That's one you certainly don't want to loose, and also maybe fall into the wrong hands. Good job!

Nice going I wouldnt know what to do if I foubd one of them laying around in tbe woods

HA! Send it to me! Yeah, I had to let the guys know that it was loaded with one in the pipe. Only safety on a Glock is keeping yer finger off the trigger. WOLF

It was fun to see Wolf and now a new coil swinger Allan!

What was funny to me is that I knew Allan was a detectorist when we came across each other at the meet up point (I had never met him before). I asked if he was there to meet Wolf for the hunt and he of course said he was. We talked about stories back and forth and he has a ton of time behind the coil! Wolf got there and we rolled to the place and it was a beautiful day outside. Finally we got there. We sweated it out and retraced where Wolf had been trying to figure out the likely scenario how the gun was unholstered. Then we made a plan to search the likely areas to avoid interference from each detectorist. I was figuring it got dislodged where he had to be in the rough stuff. I think we all were amazed at where it ended up. I ran across a beehive that got pretty ticked I was there in a big rotten tree stump LOL (did not get stung but got surrounded... eeek). Great weather. Good search with some buddies. A bit of off road fun was had too LOL!!!! Al is one crazy driver but he knows how to handle the rough roads well! I felt like I was the passenger in a HUMVEE in the army again hahahahaha! I was glad to help out :) GREAT POST!!!

P.S. Wolf... text me your FB page... I can't seem to find it.

I would tie an extra strap from my belt to its trigger guard....just in case..:roll:

I would tie an extra strap from my belt to its trigger guard....just in case..:roll:

I would keep extra stuff away from the trigger myself.

A flap holster maybe, or cover it up assuming your ccw.

Glad you got it back! I would have a hard time leaving the woods with my G17 missing!

congrats on getting the glock back..........nothing beats a good retention holster

WOW you must hunt some tough areas for all to be armed.

There are plenty of bears and 'yotes in the woods around where I live. Typcally they don't bother you, but you never know what you are gonna come across.

Just yesterday, I had to shoot a rabid raccoon near my house.

There are plenty of bears and 'yotes in the woods around where I live. Typcally they don't bother you, but you never know what you are gonna come across.

Just yesterday, I had to shoot a rabid raccoon near my house.

Smart move. Similar situation with me. If you can carry, it's in your interest to do so.

Smart move. Similar situation with me. If you can carry, it's in your interest to do so.

Yup! Coyotes, bear, cougar, etc, etc. but more for the 2-legged vermint more than anything. Seams around here weed grows great in the woods. And they protect the hive. So, ya never know. Every coyote, bear, cougar, racoon, etc. has all headed the opposite direction. Now an elk or deer in the rut will have no problem tryin to run ya through protectin the cows/does. Anyway, thanks again and glad that bee nest did'nt get no body. Fergot to mention that. HA! WOLF

Only safety on a Glock is keeping yer finger off the trigger. WOLF

Funny, because when you look at the picture two of the guys have their finger on the trigger.:laughing:

The Police Academy taught me to only put my finger inside the trigger guard when I was ready to stop the threat...

Funny, because when you look at the picture two of the guys have their finger on the trigger.:laughing:

The Police Academy taught me to only put my finger inside the trigger guard when I was ready to stop the threat...

Not so sir. If you look REAL close you will see my finger along side the trigger and not inside of the trigger gaurd. Started shooting (large caliber) at age 5, legally started hunting at age 9. U.S. Coast Guard for 9 years and National Guard reservist for 1 year. Always shot expert. Never an accidental discharge. Other than at the age of 4 when I shot my mom in the leg with my B.B. gun. Thats the day I learned to keep my finger off the trigger until right before the moment of firing the weapon at a threat/target. Cause ya know, not all things shot are considered a threat. WOLF :cool:

Back
Top Bottom