lost wedding rings

phgambrell

i lost my wedding ring and engagement ring at ferdnandina beach, fl on August 9th. we bought a metal detector but arrived after someone with a metal detector had already found them according several witnesses. These rings are very important to me--29years and have significant meaning since my husband has been diagnosed with a neuromuscular disorder. please if anyone can help words can not describe how distraught i am. thanks for any and all assistance

Hopefully one of the people that found it are members here and will do the right thing by returning them. Good Luck!

Good luck there are plenty of MDers up in that area that might now something.

I'd hit craigslist and the local papers as well as the PD for that area. See if there's a local MD club and you might notify all the pawnshops in town AND check Ebay. That way if it was a local MD'ist you stand a good chance. In case it was a tourist, hit all the facebook metal detecting groups and try posting on Treasure Quest and Findsmall as well as here.

You might also try doing a lost item report at www.lostmystuff.net BUT please specify that you believe they have already been found and you are just trying to reach as wide an audience as possible. John may not "post" it on LMS but he can put out an email notice to members in case the person who found it is a member of LMS.

Good Luck and keep us posted please!

PM me if you need help with the FB groups or other MD forums...

I lost my wedding and engagement ring 8/9/12 on the beach at Fernandina Beach, Fla. These rings are very important to me since I have been married for 29 years. Also they are especially important since my husband had been diagnosed with a neuromuscular disorder. Any assistance would be most appreciated. A number of locals there reported to us that a frequently seen hunter apparently was seen digging where we were sitting. thanks so much--I can not tell you how much those rings mean to me!!!

This is a duplicate thread...In the other thread it was stated that a MD'ist had FOUND the rings... LMS only finds items that are still lost BUT John could email the members in case the person who found them is a member. I've been in contact already with the OP on these threads...

The Lost Item Report for their ring set was already issued before I saw this post... I sent a followup note to let members know it's apparently already been found and took it off the list.

I'd assume it wre still on the beach, while asking around to see if somebody did find it. There's no telling what actually was found, if anything. I know if it were me on the beach all the Bottle Caps are gone. All the good stuff is safe and snug in the sand.

I lost my wedding and engagement ring 8/9/12 on the beach at Fernandina Beach, Fla. These rings are very important to me since I have been married for 29 years. Also they are especially important since my husband had been diagnosed with a neuromuscular disorder. Any assistance would be most appreciated. A number of locals there reported to us that a frequently seen hunter apparently was seen digging where we were sitting. thanks so much--I can not tell you how much those rings mean to me!!!

Do you live near this beach?
If so why not go back there and talk to some of regs. who detect there..

You just might get lucky and get them back..
Good luck to you.

we were told by several people sitting around where we had been sitting that something was dug up, so we were assuming they had been found based on that. Of course, that could all be false. thanks for everyone's help.

we are assuming they were found based on what several people at the beach told us. thanks for your assistance.

I am only assuming they have been found based on reports from people on the beach. I do not have any actual proof they were found. I am desperate to get these back as my husband is ill and we will never have another 29 years together. thank you so much for any and all help.

The Lost Item Report for their ring set was already issued before I saw this post... I sent a followup note to let members know it's apparently already been found and took it off the list.

I am only assuming they have been found based on reports from people on the beach. I do not have any actual proof they were found. I am desperate to get these back as my husband is ill and we will never have another 29 years together. thank you so much for any and all help.

Well just because someone was digging doesn't mean the ring was found. They could have been wandering around and digging random targets and could have missed yours.. It doesn't take much to miss a target by over swinging or swinging to high. Also the guy has to know what he is doing also. Maybe it was a new guy..

Your best bet is to get one of the members out there and do a GRID search in the area it was lost.. Grid from north to south, then east to west so if its there it WILL be found... Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom