Finally a good day with the DeLeon

Monkeywrangler2

Been a while since I had a good day hunting. Ever since I sold the Cibola to keep the DeLeon, I have not found a lot of stuff, except for a clad day at a local freshwater swim beach with Andcal & Alanna, who I met up with for a hunt.

But yesterday I opted to hit a new-to-me grade school tot lot. Either they've got some international students...or they had Sow & Tell this spring and some kids lost some coins! I pulled $2.86, mostly in dimes, nickles and pennies, PLUS a 200 Lire coin from Italy (1995) and a 10 cent Euro coin that rings like a zincoln.

And some silver! YAY! Not a coin, but a James Avery sterling silver Crucifix. Never did find the chain it was on, but the cross was in perfect shape, and not too deep in the chips. That's the first silver for the DeLeon. Whew! Glad to have broken that particular drought!

Congrats on the successful hunt. I'm glad that you found silver! I don't know which Avery crucifix you found, but from what I saw on their website, it looks like it is pretty high quality silver.

Doug

The one I found is a 'retired' design. The cross has a musical note on it. There are a couple on ebay currently--one marked at $45, and the other sold for $25.

Today I managed in one brief hunt to score a Sakagewea $1 coin. Haven't found very many of those!

Back
Top Bottom