• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hit a new site lots of clad and 3 rings

dave5339

Hi all,

Hit a new site. Had been doing some research and watching the area for quite a while now. It's where a yearly carnival sets up. I'd expected it to be hunted and somewhat cleaned out but that wasn't the case. In fact, due to what I found, it looks to be a virgin site.

I mostly just popped stuff of the first two inches of the surface as I was fairly limited on the amount of time I had. I did hear what sounds to be big old silver but it was to deep to dig. Plus with local conditions there, you almost need a full size shovel to hammer through the local rock. I'm eagerly anticipating going up there with a good shovel and my Explorer II to sort the trash from the old silver.

In about 6 hours worth of hunting, I popped $9.59 in clad, a silver ring with onyx stone marked 925, a small gold ring, and a "lucky" ring that appears to retail for $20 on the net.

Also I got ROBBED on one of my finds.. You have to see the picture to understand.

Enjoy the pictures.

049.jpg

See! I was robbed! My first "wild" half dollar and someone stole the middle!

054.jpg

The silver ring.

055.jpg

The gold ring, it's unmarked so I don't think it's worth much at all.

057.jpg

And the "lucky" ring.

056.jpg

Semper Fi

That's a lot of clad with some good rings!

Them,s some nice rings as far as getting robbed,not in the least it aint every day you pull a lazor cut coin from the dirt,that has charicter,by the way nice pile of clad!you need to wait untill it rains real good and dig dig dig.ya done great!

Back
Top Bottom