Found A Cell Phone

Wildcat1750 (nyjrbethelct)

Forum Supporter
I went metal detecting one morning at North Topsail Beach, N.C. but found nothing worth mentioning there. I had a lot more luck finding fossil shark teeth, though, so I concentrated on that the rest of my stay.

The first morning out this cell phone was laying in the sand at the bottom of the stairs to the beach. It was 6:30 AM and not too many people around. I posted signs later that morning, entering and exiting the beach at our condo complex…LOST CELL PHONE FOUND AT BEACH – CHECK AT UNIT SO AND SO.

Meanwhile I had the phone recharging so maybe I could find another contact by which to notify them by. By lunchtime two teenage girls were at the door of our unit and I was able to return the cell phone to them.

Happy Ending!
(Finding a lost cell phone is alot like finding a hot potato.)

Attachments

• 100_7553.jpg
    100_7553.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 523
Keep in mind that the Motorola Razor can only be charged with a purpose built charger despite having a common mini-USB connector. I just wanted to make sure that is what you have or it won't charge.

After it's charged, look at the contacts and call somebody like "boyfriend, girlfriend, mom, dad, sister, etc..." and let them know that you found this phone and you are looking for the owner.

I've done this a time or two... Can you tell...? :yes::yes::yes:

Good luck.

-Mark

Keep in mind that the Motorola Razor can only be charged with a purpose built charger despite having a common mini-USB connector. I just wanted to make sure that is what you have or it won't charge.

After it's charged, look at the contacts and call somebody like "boyfriend, girlfriend, mom, dad, sister, etc..." and let them know that you found this phone and you are looking for the owner.

I've done this a time or two... Can you tell...? :yes::yes::yes:

Good luck.

-Mark

Good point, Mark.

Luckily we have an identical cell phone so our charger was compatible. The owner happened to show up in time for me to avoid going through the 'contact the contacts' exercise. :D

heard a story one time were a woman had her purse stolen one day and the thief looked in her phone and she had her husband in there as husband and he text the husband acting like the wife asking for the pin to the credit or debit card and cleaned them out. just something to think about for those of you that might do that. make sure your talking to your wife before texting a pin number.

Back
Top Bottom