A bit o gold

A

argentum40

Well folks its taken me 30 years at this game and finally got my first gold coin.
A Half Sovereign of Edward VII 1909 and happy as a pig in plop with it :grin:

Attachments

• IMG_0954.jpg
    IMG_0954.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0955.jpg
    IMG_0955.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 200
:shock:wow great looking coin , big congrats on the gold . give us some details on the find

Congrats - that's the dream of every MDer - a gold coin. Dumb question - how many pounds is a half sovereign?

Beautiful find. looks to be in great shape. Whats the size and weight?

That is trully amazing! :shock: :shock: :shock: Now you can finally retire! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's really awesome. You've found something that many of us want, but will never find. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Great find, keep up the good work, hope you don't have to wait another 30 years for thr next one.

WoW! :shock: :shock: :shock: That is an absolutely beautiful coin. Argentum, can you tell us where you found the coin, depth, and what you thought it was before you dug it. Thanks

I can only say, Thats one beeeautiful coin and I hope it does'nt take 30 years for me to find one even half as good as yours.
CONGRADULATIONS :yes:

Answered my own question - half sovereign is 10 shillings or half pound - I assumed that a gold coin would be multiple pounds like the US gold is multiple dollars. I guess at that time the exchange rate was more like $5 to the pound.

WAY TO GO! That's what were shooting for! Like to here more on details of find.
auseeker

Now THAT is an eyepopper :shock: :shock: :shock:

And a potential heart stopper. Make sure your life ins. is up to date. :lol:

CONGRATS and many more to you.

yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice 1 man respecteye maximeye well stoked for you argentum where did you find it lol meen how did you find it :grin:

All I can say is 'WOW'!! Thanks for the pics and Congratulations! Hank :grin:

well loads of questions to answer here, er ok where do i start...it was found in northern england, was about 3" down on a stubble field and when i flicked it out i thought it was a gold coloured milk bottle top as i never expected to find a gold coin, found it using a Garrett GTA 1000 Ultra and it is about an inch in diameter.

Back
Top Bottom